XXXII- weirdo

"I spoke to the school and told them some stuff about us getting sick, hopefully they won't contact your mom." Gianni said as he walked (Y/n) home so it would appear to Ronan as if she had just come home from school.

"Great, my mom shouldn't care too much. She wasn't the most militant student in the world." (Y/n) thanked him.

They soon reached her house.

"I'd let you in but-"

"Ronan's there. I get it." Gianni dismissed her doubts. "Don't forget, if Padgett shows up then-"

"Ignore her. Yeah, I heard you the first ten million times." (Y/n) laughed at his persistence which slightly annoyed Gianni since it was important to him that (Y/n) took his warnings seriously.

She walked into the house and saw that Padgett was already there and sitting on the couch with Ronan's arm over her shoulders.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Her brother greeted her while Padgett merely gave her a glance.

It boggled (Y/n)'s mind that Padgett seemed absolutely fine, it also massively concerned her that Padgett was taking so much ecstacy that it could barely take effect.

"How was school?" He asked, (Y/n) almost let out a breath of relief that Padgett hadn't exposed her if she even remembered (Y/n)'s departure with Gianni.

"Fine... I'm gonna.. go upstairs." (Y/n) stepped away quickly, she wasn't exactly well versed in lying.

"Wait up, I need to talk to you about our math homework." Padgett got up.

"We don't have any-"

"I'll be quick."

(Y/n) caught on that Padgett wanted to speak about something else entirely. She was hesitant to agree considering what Gianni had said but it wasn't like Padgett could do any damage with Ronan just downstairs.

(Y/n) nodded lightly and led Padgett up to her room to discuss 'math homework'.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You shouldn't hang out with Gianni."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, she had both of them giving her the exact opposite advice. The only difference was she was actually friends with Gianni and genuinely liked him.

"Why? Is this about him being 'off limits' like when you punched me, oh, or when you slapped me." (Y/n) challenged.

"I'll admit I may have been overly aggressive but I'm trying to help you. He's not a good guy." Padgett grinded her teeth together, it was clear that (Y/n) wasn't going to concede. "Fine, fuck yourself over, see if I care. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Padgett stormed out of the room, making sure to slam the door behind her.

(Y/n) felt little sympathy for the girl, she was a liar and a cheater- it was hypocritical of her to go around and say that Gianni wasn't good.

Gianni was conflicted, he stared at the house the girl of his dreams had just entered. He had only been away from her for a few moments but he already felt ill.

He set off back to his house, he would have stood outside the door for longer if it wouldn't have made him look so strange and suspect.

Though his walk didn't last long. He wanted to go back. He needed to go back.

Without thinking of any plan he got out his phone and sent a text message to Michelle.

Gianni: Will be home late tonight. Lock up without me.

He switched his phone off wondering how he could get into (Y/n)'s house. He could ask her but Ronan was there and it was likely that Padgett was too.

God, Padgett.

He had had enough of her.

So it was this turn of events that led to Gianni lurking in (Y/n)'s room in the darkness of the night as she slept.

He knew it was creepy. He knew it was wrong. He knew that he was a weirdo for doing it. But he had to.

He had been loitering around the park until it was late enough that all the residents of the (L/n) household would be asleep and then he just used the spare key he had seen (Y/n) use after the party.

He wasn't planning on doing anything sinister. He just wanted to make sure she was safe with Padgett around and all that.

Gianni was still fuming over the fact that Padgett had kissed (Y/n) before he did. She was doing it to spite him. She had to be.

He was half tempted to leave (Y/n)'s room and seek out Ronan's in order to deal with Padgett once and for all.

No. He had to stop thinking these horrible thoughts. He felt bad enough as it was obsessing over (Y/n), he didn't need to add murdering his ex girlfriend to the list of less than stable things he'd done.

In order to take his mind off Padgett, he took a step closer to (Y/n). Just to get a better look at her. Some of the moonlight shone from behind her blinds and slightly illuminated her face.

He swore he could have looked at her for hours and not even felt the slightest bit bored. Gianni rooted around his pocket to pull out his wallet and from there he took out the pictures they'd taken together at the mall.

Her bright smile warmed his heart, he could almost hear her infectious laughter in his ear. What made it even better was that he was the cause of her smile, her laugh, her joy.

One of the many things he loved about her was how she could look so beautiful in her more excitable moments like in the photos and when she was at her calmest like now as she slept.

His attention was turned back onto her sleeping figure, her chest slowing rising and falling. Gianni couldn't ignore how badly he wanted to hold her gently in his arms and feel the touch of her skin against his.

Simultaneously he was wondering what the hell was wrong with him. He wasn't like this, he wasn't crazy, he didn't act this way with Padgett. Granted, he didn't love Padgett- not the way he loved (Y/n) anyway. But it was impossible that Gianni could be the kind of guy to break into a girl's house to watch her as she slept.

It was unthinkable to him.

And yet, he couldn't will himself to leave.

It suddenly struck him that this was his first time in her room, he glanced around seeing hints of her personality and interests from the surroundings. It was all so her.

It was like he'd died and gone to heaven.

Some part of him egged him on to take something, it would make the whole thing worth it. She wouldn't even notice.

He blushed at the thought but stopped himself. He had to get out of there.

He wasn't that kind of guy.

Gianni leaned down and hovered over (Y/n)'s face, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

It was probably for the best that he left after that before anything could escalate. While he was impressed with his restraint in that department he also felt disgusted by the things he had thought about doing.

But now he was walking back home and everything was okay.

He didn't need to be a creep to get (Y/n) to love him, he was confident he could do that all on his own. He had satisfied his sick little craving and that was the end of it.

He would be good for her until the craving returned.