XIV- fitting in

(Y/n) hopped onto her regular bus, this one was much quieter than the later one which Gianni took and she was thankful for that.

As soon as she sat down, she felt a shadow over her and someone sitting in the seat beside her which was unusual to say the least.

"This seat taken?"

(Y/n) glanced at the person to see Orlando as he brushed some of his blonde fluffy hair away from his kind eyes.

"Did Padgett put you up to this?" (Y/n) asked as a surprisingly bold move for her.

"No, contrary to popular belief I'm not some puppy who listens to everything Padgett says like Fiona." He replied playfully.

"I never said that... I just-"

"You just implied it." He laughed.

(Y/n) gave him a small silent smile and shifted in her space.

"It's fine, I get that it can come across that way." Orlando said light-heartedly.

"I don't understand why you hang out with Padgett and Fiona." (Y/n) sighed. "You seem so nice and they... don't."

He shrugged. "We've known each other since we were kids, they're actually pretty nice to people who they're friends with but they definitely have their flaws."

"Tell me about it." She mumbled, leaning back. "Padgett straight up hates me."

Orlando shook his head firmly. "No, she doesn't."

"Trust me, she does."

"I know Padgett and I know for a fact that she doesn't hate you. I don't think she has it in her to hate anyone. She just says and does stuff really impulsively sometimes." He explained.

"You don't know what happened between us." (Y/n) stated with a tight jaw.

"If you're talking about the locker room thing then I do." Orlando objected.

(Y/n)'s eyebrows rose in shock.

"She was talking to me and Fiona about it and we tried to get her not to do it but once Padgett has her mind set on something then she always sees it through. I refused to have any part in it but Fiona would sooner die than disobey Padgett." He filled her in. "I've spoken to her since and she regrets it, and that has little to do with the fact that Fiona is bed bound."

"Oh." She was unsure of how to respond.

"I'm not saying you should forgive her. You definitely shouldn't because if I know Padgett then I know that she'll never apologise for a damn thing she does. But you should know that she doesn't hate you." Orlando continued.

"Then why does she pick on me like this? It's not fair that she gets to work through her emotional issues by giving me a hard time." (Y/n) folded her arms defiantly.

"It's because you've got Gianni's attention and she doesn't like it. It doesn't help that you're also Ronan's brother. She's so used to having these guys falling all over her and now you seem more relevant in both of their lives. It's not like she can tell you to stay away from your own brother if you live with him, so she just tells you to back off of Gianni." He told her.

"So, does she still like Gianni?"

"No." Orlando scoffed. "Not at all. She likes the attention she gets. The two of them hate each other."

(Y/n) shut her eyes and let out a deep breath. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't want her to hurt me if she sees me spending time with Gianni."