XL- under the stars

The day of the dance had finally arrived. All week (Y/n) and Gianni hadn't been able to get their minds off of it though they neglected to mention it to each other, both being far too anxious.

(Y/n) had told her mom and brother in advance that she was going with Gianni, her mom's boss's son and her brother's ex's ex. It was met with some suspicion at first but they weren't going to stop her from going.

Things with her and Ronan were still a little rocky but worlds better than they had been.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror one last time while wearing the mid length (f/c) dress she'd picked up with Tia. (Y/n) smoothed out the skirt and patted her hair down, trying to make sure that everything was perfect.

"(Y/n)! He's here!"

A deeply held breath left her. Gianni had come to pick her up for their date.

Well, was it really a date? He did specifically ask her to come 'as his date' but maybe he didn't mean it in that way, maybe it was like a friend date...?

She was overthinking things.

"One second!" She called out.

(Y/n) grabbed her phone and put it in her pocket. Possibly the best feature of her new dress was that it did in fact have pockets.

The first thing her eyes landed on when she got downstairs was Gianni, he was wearing a suit and was holding a small bouquet of flowers. (Y/n) smiled at him and soon enough he and Carmen noticed her presence.

Carmen gasped when she saw (Y/n) and Gianni could have fainted on the spot from how gorgeous she looked.

"You look beautiful." Gianni was surprised he could even muster words in that moment as he held the flowers out to her shakily.

(Y/n) giggled and placed some of her hair behind her ear. "Thanks, you look very handsome." She took the flowers and tried to use them to hide the redness on her face.

"Let me take those. I'll get them in a vase." Carmen took (Y/n)'s shield from her. "And you look lovely, sweetheart. I hope the two of you have a nice time."

Gianni was quick to close his right hand over (Y/n)'s left. It wasn't the first time he'd held her hand but her touch never failed to make chills run down his spine.

"Shall we?" He asked playfully.

(Y/n) laughed a little at the formality, a laugh that made Gianni almost melt into the ground. "Let's get outta here."

The gymnasium had been jazzed up in classic high school dance style with some cheap decorations thrown about.

Some upbeat music was playing as Gianni and (Y/n) entered. She had been right about most of the people there being in a pair.

Padgett saw the couple walked in and scowled. She was mad at both of them. Gianni was a creep and (Y/n) didn't have the cognitive skills to just fucking listen.

She thought for a second about how pretty (Y/n) looked in her dress and the memory of (Y/n) in the changing room rushed to her head but she brushed it off as quickly as it came.

Padgett decided to find some guy to entertain her for the night to keep her mind off of Gianni and (Y/n).

Though the couple hardly even noticed Padgett's presence even with her lingering glares. Throughout the night they were far too focused on each other.

No one else mattered in the measley gym as they danced to some mediocre pop tunes.

After chatting and aimlessly dancing for around forty minutes, (Y/n) thought it was time for a change of scenery. She had been having a good time but really the reason she came to this was to see where she was at with Gianni and they needed a bit of privacy.