XXV- goodnight

"Slow steps, okay?" Gianni tried to keep (Y/n) stable as she tripped over herself yet again on the way to the bus stop. "I'll take the bus with you."

"You don't have to..." (Y/n) mumbled.

"You're way too out of it to be on your own right now. It's no problem for me at all." He assured her.

"I.... thank you for this..." (Y/n) was crashing down and could feel the exhaustion taking over her.

"The whole reason I came to this dumb party was to keep you out of trouble. There's not much point in staying if you're leaving." They reached the bench by the bus stop and Gianni helped (Y/n) to sit down. Thankfully it wasn't too late, it was only around half past one in the morning which was much earlier than either of them had expected to be leaving.

"I'm never taking molly again." (Y/n) whined, grabbing her head again.

Gianni felt bad that he couldn't do much to help (Y/n) in that moment so he just put his arm around her. "We just need to wait a few minutes for a bus and then once you get home you can sleep this off."

"I... I need Padgett's come down cure." (Y/n) gripped Gianni's hand.

"How do you know about that?"

"We did some stuff... a few days ago." (Y/n) admitted in her slurred speech.

Gianni sighed. When was (Y/n) going to realise that Padgett wasn't a good influence on her?

He didn't understand why someone as sweet and perfect as (Y/n) would ever waste their time on a demon like Padgett. It just didn't make sense in his head.

(Y/n) began to drift off as they waited on the bus, her head rested on his shoulder. Gianni wanted nothing more than to rest his own head atop her's but both of them falling asleep in the middle of the street at night was ensured disaster so he stayed up and alert for (Y/n)'s sake.

Eventually the bus showed up and Gianni nudged (Y/n) gently to wake her up.

The bus was close to empty and (Y/n) was laying over several seats at the back as Gianni sat in the row in front.

"Yellow car..." She mumbled to herself. "Did I win?"

"Yep." He replied, he knew that all of her sense had gone out the window and there was no point looking for any meaning in her words.

Gianni glanced back at (Y/n), even in a fit like this she looked utterly adorable. He couldn't believe he had been so blind not to realise his feelings sooner.

But now he was faced with a new issue- what to do with his newfound love for (Y/n). He knew for a fact that she had feelings for him at some point in the past but they could have left her.

The thought of making (Y/n) his girlfriend was like a dream at that moment in time. The thought of making her belong to him.

Everything suddenly made sense. Why he wanted to be with her all the time and why he got so upset at the sight of her with Orlando.

"What are you doing?" (Y/n) stuck her head over the headrest beside Gianni.

"I'm not doing anything." He said softly. "You shouldn't move around too much, you might get motion sickness."

"Ha! Only pussies get- oh... oh no, I don't feel well." (Y/n) settled back down in her seat as the bus kept moving forward at a steady pace. "I'm gonna hurl."

Gianni got up from his spot and went to sit next to (Y/n), he put his arms around her. "You're gonna be fine."

"Nu-uh, I'm literally about to be sick down your back."

"That's just your brain getting confused as to why you're feeling motion but the things around you aren't moving." He told her. "Just look out of the window and you'll start to feel a little better."

(Y/n) peeked out over Gianni's shoulder to glance at the window.

"That feel any better?"

"A little." (Y/n) mumbled, regretting her bold proclamation of illness.

"We're almost at your stop."

(Y/n) nodded slowly. Taking molly had been a bad idea but despite this she wanted to take more, not because she was addicted or anything just because she felt so deflated and it was a surefire way to liven her up again.

"I need sleep.." She could feel herself gradually drift off again.

Gianni felt her go limp against him and nuzzled his face into her hair, feeling very little shame as he inhaled deeply.

"W-where... What?" (Y/n) came to and was still moving, it didn't take long for her to figure out that she was being carried by Gianni. "What are you doing?"

"You were asleep." He stated. "I didn't want to wake you up and we got to your stop so I'm carrying you home."

"How do you know where I live, ya creep." (Y/n) held onto him tighter as she muttered the contradictory phrase.

"Because I've picked you up from your house before." He chuckled lightly. "Before you fall asleep again, can you tell me what compartment of your bag has your keys in it?"

"Nah, put me down. I'm good walking." She shifted herself upward but Gianni didn't make any moves to put her down and kept walking through the dark with (Y/n) in his arms. "Dude, put me down."

"Dude? Ouch, that hurt."

(Y/n) laughed for a second before delivering a swift kick to his side. "I don't what you to tire yourself out from carrying my fat ass around. Put me down."

"You're easy to carry."

"It's like Orlando said, you're not the athletic type. Your muscles will be in so much pain in the morning." (Y/n) tried to keep a striaght face as she spoke, she didn't really believe what Orlando had said about Gianni but it was still fun to wind him up.

"Orlando's an idiot. I bet he couldn't carry you." Gianni said bitterly.

"Let's get him over here and find out." (Y/n) joked with a smirk.

"No, let's get you home as soon as possible. There, we're here." He stopped in front of her house and lowered (Y/n) to the ground. "Your wish to be on the floor has been granted, your majesty."

"Oh, shush. How are you getting home?" She walked up to the front door and began to fish through her bag for her keys.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Bus probably."

"Have you got enough change?" (Y/n) asked. "God damnit, where are my keys??"

"I should have enough. Do you need a flashlight to find them or something?" Gianni frowned as he saw (Y/n) struggle to get in the house.

"Fuck it. They're probably buried under a bunch of my shit at the bottom." She dismissed the instance and crouched down to pull the spare key from under the mat.

"Wow. That's a really good hiding place." Gianni deadpanned sarcastically.

"We're not exactly a target for burglars." (Y/n) pushed the spare key in the lock a pushed her door open. "Look, bring this up with my mom, not me."

"Ah yes, because everyone knows about how close I am with Miss (L/n)." He tilted his head to the side and shone her a grin that showed even in the pitch blackness of the night.

"I'll see you at school. Get home safe." (Y/n) felt her heart flutter as she said goodbye to him. "And thank you for getting me home."

"Any time." Gianni nodded affirmatively and was offered one last smile from (Y/n) before she shut the door in his face.