LXIX- the lines

(Y/n) was in a state of unease as she waited for Gianni to get back. Part of her hoped he hadn't seen the message and then she could live in denial for as long as possible.

Everything would change if the test came back positive, not as if she liked how things were at the moment but a pregnancy would only worsen things.

The last thing she wanted to do was get a baby involved in this. She didn't even know if she wanted children and if she did then she definitely didn't want them while she was this young and with Gianni.

It was a mess but all she could do now was take the test and figure things out from there.

She wondered if he'd let her go to a hospital, they'd probably have to pay some doctor to come here for any procedures since she was legally and officially dead.

Why wasn't Gianni home already?

(Y/n) didn't think she'd be able to wait for much longer.

When Gianni walked in he was impossible to read. He didn't say anything which was extremely out of character.

"Did you-"

"I've got it." He said quickly, he thought of the look the cashier gave him as he purchased the test. Gianni gave (Y/n) a small encouraging smile. "Whatever it says, we'll get through it, okay?"

"Can you just give it to me? I can't wait any longer." She said anxiously and walked up to him.

Gianni handed her the plastic bag which held the test inside and they both went off in the direction of the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" (Y/n) asked when they reached the door.

"I'm... you're taking the test, right?" Gianni answered in confusion, he thought it would be obvious that he'd be there too.

"You're not going in there with me." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why not? If you're pregnant then I'm the father." He said with a hint of sadness, Gianni really wanted to be in there since it was a big moment for them as a couple.

"I'm not letting you watch me piss." (Y/n) said with a tone of finality. "I'll let you know what it says." With that, she entered and shut the door in Gianni's face.

(Y/n) washed her hands after placing the test on a bit of tissue paper. "Can you put a timer on for two minutes?" She called out to Gianni from beyond the door.

"On it!" He was honestly just happy to do something to consume his mind.

(Y/n) flipped the test over, she didn't want to look at it. All she could do was hope and pray that it was negative.

"Can I come in now?" Gianni begged.

"No, no! Of course not!" (Y/n) said back to him, didn't he understand that she didn't want to face this with him?

"But you're decent." He pleaded. "I want to help you through this."

"God, Gianni! Please stop talking! Just shut up! These might be my last two minutes of relative normalcy so let me fucking enjoy them!" She yelled angrily.

Gianni wanted to tell her to settle down becuase stressing herself out wouldn't be good for the baby if there was one, but he knew better. That wasn't what (Y/n) wanted to hear at the moment. It was a shame that the one thing she wanted was something he could never give her.

(Y/n) sat on the tiled floor, she pulled her knees up to her chest and tried to keep her breathing steady.

A baby would make everything so much worse. She would never get out and would be resigned to the life of being Gianni's wife and mother of his child, this wouldn't be so bad if he ever let her leave the house and wasn't crazy.

She wondered if this was how Carmen felt when waiting for the results of the pregnancy tests for her and Ronan. Of course they were in very different circumstances but both of them had very mixed feelings for the father and weren't planning on having a child.

(Y/n) could only hope that her result wouldn't be the same as Carmen's.

As her mind trailed to her mother she thought of how much she missed her. Carmen must have been a wreck, she thought that her daughter was dead.

(Y/n) hung her head down, she wasn't ready for any of this shit that life was throwing at her full throttle.

She didn't ask for or want any of it. Nothing made sense anymore, why couldn't she have just kept to herself like she always did before?

She wouldn't have to worry about Gianni and then Felix would have never blackmailed her and she could be normal.

Padgett would still be with Ronan and would still act as if (Y/n) didn't exist. She wouldn't have become friends with Orlando, it would just be her and Tia.

Why did she have to go and make friends with him? What could have possibly possessed her to do that? It was unfair that her forgiveness had been rewarded with this: her sitting in a bathroom in the middle of nowhere waiting to see if her kidnapper had impregnated her.

It was then that the grim reality hit her. There were signs that she chose to ignore because of her little crush and look where that crush had got her.

"This isn't fucking fair..." She muttered beneath her breath.

Life was never fair. Goodness never got rewarded but naiveté was always punished in the worst way.

"Two minutes up!"

(Y/n) could hear the anxiety practically leaking out of Gianni's words.

She didn't blame him for feeling that way, she just didn't want to think about him.

"What does it say?"

"I'm about to look."

(Y/n) lifted herself up like she was standing for the first time.

She went to the test and lifted it up to see the results.

Her heart sank and she wanted to sick all over again for a totally different reason.

Two red lines stared back at her. Taunting her.

It was positive.

She was pregnant.

Nothing was okay.