LXXX- for the best

(Y/n) stirred in her sleep. Why was she... sitting in a chair?

Opening her eyes did little for her vision as it seemed to be pitch black but (Y/n) could figure out that she'd been tied to one of the dining chairs which didn't give her much encouragement for what was to come.

"Hello? Gianni?" She called out to the darkness, it was clearly still nighttime so surely Gianni would want to get his rest before his early start for school.

"I'm here." His voice croaked out. "Please stay calm for me, baby."

(Y/n) was struggling to do so as her breaths became ragged. "Gianni... what's going on?" She tried to keep her voice steady but this situation was obviously unsettling her.

"I've been thinking... I'm still thinking." He murmured.

(Y/n) could only see his outline in the low lighting but his words weren't helping her nerves in the slightest.

"What are you thinking about?" She was trying her hardest not to shout at him or get him mad. She just wanted to know what was going on.

"You. I'm always thinking about you." He let out a deep sigh and (Y/n) saw his figure getting closer until his facial features showed. His eyes were filled with melancholy and unshed tears.

"What's this about?" (Y/n) whispered in slight fear.

"I want you to be happy... but you can't be happy if you're here... but I can't let you go... you see, it's a bit of a paradox we've got ourselves in." He spoke slowly and clearly like he was talking to a child.

(Y/n) looked at him incredulously. "Why does tying me to a chair in the middle of the night help with that?"

"It doesn't... I just need you in one place and I... I thought you'd want to be awake for this." Gianni was growing less and less confident in his words the more he spoke.

"I don't understand." (Y/n) said softly. "Untie me and let's talk about this."

Gianni shook his head in a bid to ignore her words. "When I was talking to Ronan, he said that he hoped you knew that he loved you before you died... you know that I love you, right?"

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes in confusion for a moment before it hit her.

He was going to kill her.

"What?!" She yelped on instinct. "Gianni, untie me right now! You're not thinking properly!"

"I never think properly." He said dismissively. "I'm not right in the head and I've known that for a while. By keeping you here with me I put you in danger, I'm the danger and I'm so sorry for that."

"Gianni, this isn't going to fix anything!" (Y/n) tugged desperately at her bindings but nothing seemed to budge in the slightest.

"I'm sorry for a lot of things, too many to list... but this is going to make up for it. This is me showing you how much a really love you, I'm letting you go!" He tried to articulate his idea but was aware that he sounded completely delusional.

"No, you're not! You're about to fucking kill me!" (Y/n) shrieked and began to wail. "Please don't! Gianni! Think about this!"

"I told you already... I've been thinking a lot." Surprisingly, Gianni was the most calm out of them in this instance. "You're never going to be happy with me but I can't let you be happy with someone else."

"This is insane! If this is about what I said yesterday then-then you should know th-that I was just scared to admit that I love you. Gianni, I love you!" She was willing to say anything to save her skin.