Chapter 26

There are three things to consider when participating in auctions like this.

•One, as always, bring a huge stash of money. How would you bid without money anyway, unless you're only here for the show no?

•Two, always be prepared for unexpected circumstances. Why? Well, the way auctions are managed is just like how oil is managed. The government does not concern themselves of this. With how auctioning came to arise, the government simply cannot handle all of it, so, they only collect tax and that's it. The management of the auction themselves would be the one to handle everything else. For short, it's just like the oil deregulation law. The only difference is that, instead of oil, it's auctions this time.

•Third, never be arrogant. Why? Simple, karma is a b*tch.

Preparing himself, Rodel prepared for the upcoming competition. This time those other two lassies on the other two third floor rooms would undoubtedly make a move.

They were only given limited funds by the government. Approximately 4 to 5 million pesos is what was given to them. And this 4 to 5 million is what must be used to acquire those remaining three items.

Breathing in a mouthful of air, he silently said this in his head.

"Here we go.

.....

"Alright folks, as we are approaching the end of our auction. It is now time for us to present our last three items to all of you present in this grand event. Now for our third to the last item, we have the camouflaging automatic droid. This droid is a very powerful guard that would be good to bring as your own personal guard. With its camouflaging system automatically operated by an A.I it can be anywhere you want it to be. Be it either walls or roofs, it can be a part of the environment your currently in. The material that was used to create this droid is one of the most valuable materials to be ever known, Black Metal. As I presume that all of us are already familiar with Black Metal, I then presume then that all of you, our esteemed guests that are present today, must already know how tough this droid is. It also has its own nano-weapons system and also has its own Neuro chip."

The auctioneer stopped and drank water, he also raised his hand, clearly indicating that he needs to have some time to rejuvenate his dry mouth with liquids. After this, he continued.

"The information that we have received about this droid is simply long, so, we would be giving it's summarized information to you. The information would be relayed on the receivers that are already equipped on your seats."

When the auctioneer said this, screens popped out from one area to another.

"Now, to not make this any longer, I shall now say the starting bid."

The attention of the people went to the auctioneer. The droid is simply rare to be seen in the market. No, perhaps it would be impossible to even see it appear in the market. In the minds of everyone present, they all know that this droid would have an astronomical starting bid.

125,000? No, perhaps 200,000 then.

Thinking like this, the moment the starting bid is said, these people on the second floor would surely take over. And this time it would be a war on who gets it first.

However....

"Our starting bid would be 550,000."

"......."

Silence.

It was just silent for quite a while, soon, however........ Loud commotions took over.

"Preposterous!"

"Half a million! They're crazy!"

"That amount is already my whole daily savings!"

The first floor was in utter chaos. Some of them thought that the price would at least be within their 'carrying capacity'. That, however, was just a shallow dream.

Even with the huge commotion, quite a number of brave souls on the second floor still put their own bids for it.

"1653, 552,000!"

"7845, 554,000!"

"1993, 560,000!"

This immediately silenced the commotion on the first floor.

"Madmen!"

"They're all Madmen!"

These were their thoughts when they heard their bids.

However, this small increment in the amount was shut down by a person at the far end of the second floor.

"4478, 680,000!"

Every person that was on the first and second floor turned to look at the person that just said that bid.

It was a man. The man was dark brown, jet-black shiny hair, and was very muscular.

The people that were previously bidding looked at this man like he was some sort of an unidentifiable creature.

The man smirked, if there was enough to silence everyone, then wouldn't that mean that they're all nobodies in society?

The previous bidder before this man clenched his fists, grinding his teeth, he gave another bid.

"3369, 690,000!"

The attention immediately went to him. Someone actually went and fought against the bid! This garnered the respect of everyone since he still dared to fight against such a bid.

The muscular man glance at the person that overtook his bid, he then looked to the auctioneer and simply said his following words calmly.

"I admire your courage, but this item is simply mine. It will never be yours to begin with, so stop fighting me over it. I increase my bid to 750,000."

The man that fought the muscular man's bid sat on his seat very weakly. Just from that person's expression, it was very obvious that his mustered courage became nothing but dust.

The auctioneer looked around the whole place. He counted to ten to see if anyone is still willing to bid. Seeing that no one present even show any signs of increasing the bid, the auctioneer then began to remind the people around by saying, "once? Twice?"

The muscular man then smiled brightly. "Hmph, these low-status people are nothing against this me." he thought.

The auctioneer repeated once more, saying "Anyone else? Once? Twice?"

Still no one.

The auctioneer sighed. "Looks like this one would only give us a low revenue." He thought.

Just as the auctioneer was about to say the word "Sold", a female voice was heard.

"T3, 2, 900,000."

This shocked everyone, even the muscular man.

They tried looking for the source of the voice, but they couldn't find it anywhere.

The muscular man looked at the auctioneer, the auctioneer was looking somewhere else.

He followed the Auctioneers gaze and his eyes eventually ended in a room followed by black glass.

The auctioneer smiled, there was also a little tear on his eye. "Finally, a high bid, I thought we would end up short on this one." He thought.

The muscular man was not sure if the voice originated from that room, but nevertheless, he won't just give in to a woman.

Who does this woman think I am?! A person with no money?

And so, he gave another bid.

"3369, 950,000."

He then smirked towards the room. "Scared shitless now?" He thought.

However after he said this, the same female voice was then heard once more.

"T3, 2, 1,100,000."

"......"

The muscular man was wide-eyed.

What did she just say?!