Chapter 30

"Sold!"

Rodel and Jose felt heavy. In the end, they couldn't do anything.

Their request for assistance was not approved, their hopes to win with just their remaining funds was destroyed as well.

Rodel looked at the room of the 'new player'.

He gave a deep, depressed like sigh.

Jose, on the other hand, patted Rodel's back.

"Cheer up, at least by now, the last item is ours."

"Ours?"

Rodel didn't understand what that meant. Seemingly, after that was said, he gave Jose a 'the hell do you mean' look.

Jose just shrugged of that idiotic expression of Rodel and said,

"The 20th item is bogus, we won't need it. As for the 19th item, I doubt that anyone on the second and first floor would be able to compete with us."

Now, Rodel felt like he was looking at an idiot rather than a politician.

He truly can't grasp what Jose meant by that.

Jose shrugged his shoulders at Rodel and simply said, 'you would see what I mean sooner or later.'

.....

"Sold!"

Breathing in deeply, Rodel pointed at Jose while stuttering.

He forced himself to calm down, but it was just too hard to do so. Especially when someone that he was with for the longest time was able to correctly predict the next happenings.

"Are you calm now?" Asked Jose.

Looking at Jose with a very sharp gaze, Rodel said,

"So, how did you predict it?"

Rolling his eyes at the glaring Rodel, Jose replied,

"After we lost at the 18th item, the information that I asked came in."

"Information?"

"Yep, the information on who are competitors are."

"......"

What?

......

"The woman that confronted us first is the daughter of CEO of Stargazer Corporation. Rowena Legaspi."

"......"

"An expressionless face huh." Thought Jose.

Nochalant about this, Jose continued.

"Our second confronter is..... A bit complicated."

Rodel, who was expressionless until this moment, raised an eyebrow.

Giving a stern gaze at Jose, he urged him to continue.

Breathing in deeply, Jose told Rodel who their second confronter was. And Rodel, himself, was shocked to hear who it was.

"So, it's him huh." (Rodel)

"Yeah, it was him." (Jose)

Brando Lauron. A name only a few knows. His profile seems pretty simple, some say that he is a very approachable person, carefree based on what others say.

However, those that had truly seen his profile, knew that this person is not one of those 'I'm ordinary, so don't be cautious of me' types of people.

Had high degree in mechanical science, skilled in assassination missions, had vast experience of all types of warfare, personally appointed by the president as one of the military generals, was given the head commander position of one of the country's special forces, the Tri-star regiment, and was formally known in the whole world (earth) at the codename, Legion.