Chapter 35

Grandel magician. A tertiary form of earth magic. Once one reach the tertiary form of magic, that's were one can be said to have actually reach the beginning of magic.

Each form of magic has a primary, secondary, and tertiary stage. Once one reach the tertiary stage, base on the magic element, certain classes would then now be introduced.

A basic example of such stages are Fire to Flamain to Firya. After Firya, classes for the element would then be introduced. Examples are, Blue Fire, Frozen fire, Soul fire and more.

And as such Grandel magician is a tertiary stage of earth magic. And based on the brilliance of the magic circle and the changes to the body. Molu can see that Lucilia is now at the peak of the said stage.

And as a person who have terrorize the waters of the Republic for a long time, he can say that there are only two things that he is uncertain to face of. And those are Hydro magicians and Grandel magicians.

"Our target have decided to duke it out. We'll now take new measures to handle this. Flank them on both sides. Make a good cover, we'll use the magic cannon."

The other pirates on the ship immediately followed what Molu said. As people who have been pirates for a long time, they know what their captain is referring to when he gave his orders.

It only means that the enemy would now be hard to handle.

.....

The moment Lucilia said those words, she now has her hair donned in black followed by having two golden brown wristbands and eyes. The ship also has what seems like afterimages of black pillars surrounding it.

With this changes, the whole situation immediately turned solemn.

Despite having an change of her appearance and surroundings, being a Grandel magician can also be said in the words of Earth domain. And as of now, everything in the range of 800 meters would be Lucilia's domain. The state of earth itself, can now be bended by will with just a flick of a thought from Lucilia.

Lucilia flicked her hands right in front of her and earth spikes emerged from the magic circle.

The fire trails shot by the Flamain magicians were no kidding matter. A Flamain magician can control on how strong or weak the fire would be, due to this, one can just say how powerful Flamain magicians can be on the battlefield.

However, when the fire trails made contact with the earth spikes, the trails were easily dispersed like it was doused with water.

The closest pirate ship got hit by the spikes, directly splitting the mast and killing the helmsman. It also pierced through the ship's keen, causing instability. Due to this, the ship abruptly stopped and started sinking slowly.

Three shadows then darted out of that ship and head towards the nearest ship from them.

After piercing that ship, the spikes made a 360 degree turn and immediately sprinted towards the other two ships.

"Tsk.."

The man in green robes raised two of his hands and made them into fists. After he did this, torrents of wind surrounded the whole ship.

Likewise the other ship did the same.

"Help me build up the defense! The enemy is a tertiary magician. A secondary magician like me can't defend this myself."

The other two nodded and immediately made a move.

Then, a huge blue magic circle surrounded by many small red magic circles alighted on the ship.

The flames combined with the wind while the waves of the sea were raised high like a wall.

To an ordinary person, this may seem like nature's unnatural phenomenon. But to magicians, this would be an defense nearly impenetrable for secondary stage magicians.

Lucilia then clench her fists the moment the spikes was about to hit the defense created by the magicians. The spikes then immediately became more compact and now moved even faster than before.

This in turn completely bypassed the wall of water. And immediately made contact with the wind and fire barrier.

"Boom!"

The spikes that made contact with the combined defense created then a huge explosion.

But nevertheless, they're not fighting a secondary stage magician but a tertiary one. Hence, even though they can defend it successfully, the tax on their physical and mental state had now increased by fivefold.

The other magicians on the other pirate ship knew the predicament their allies are on. Hence, they took down their defense and immediately created offensive spells.

However, Lucilia suddenly raised one of her hands, and then a small magic circle appeared at the bow of the ship.

"Wha-what the?!"

The ship was suddenly raised from the surface of the water, bringing the whole ship into the air.

"Get us out of here now!" Shouted one of the mages.

Although flying was a no attribute magic, enchanting it a wind attribute could upgrade the spell by a large margin.

The two Gale magicians on the ship immediately enchanted wind spells on their fellow magicians and immediately took flight. The pirates on the other hand, were left behind.

The moment the magicians got off the ship, the ship went vertical and then finally turning upside down. The result was that a very loud splash and large waves were formed.

With the force of gravity followed by its own mass, it landed heavily on the surface of the water and the whole ship splitted into two like it was paper.

The pirates and the Empire's magicians were dazed at the sudden situation. None of them expected for things to turn out like this.

From the distance, Molu already looked grave.

This was the exact reason why he was uncertain on having a face of with Grandel magicians on the sea.

Fighting such magicians on land could still lead to a fight were chances could be taken, but if it were on the sea, then it can only be said as the damn of all naval forces.

Ships were never as fast as people when trying to dodge enemy attacks.

Hence, for a Grandel magician to be at sea fighting some naval force, without proper measures, then those ships would only be a pig for the slaughter.

But just as he said before, he was only uncertain. This only means that he still has means to contend such enemies were he to encounter one.

"Ca-captain?...." Asked one of Molu's men when he saw his expression.

Molu glanced coldly at that person, in exchange, that person shuddered when he got glanced.

Molu then swept his gaze to everyone currently on the deck and then he shouted,

"Make haste you slowpokes! This must end as early as possible!"

Everyone that was on deck immediately went into action for fear that they might be the one thrown at the sea if they were to be seen slacking.

Molu then swept his eyes towards the La Camesa.

For a point, everyone their didn't know what he was thinking at the moment.