Chapter 48

*Malacañang Palace, Ground level 2*

*High Order council meeting room*

The whole room was solemn. The moment the news of Brando's team disappearing reached the palace, an emergency meeting was issued by the president.

The Tri-star regiment was the strongest force the country could offer.

The team Brando brought with him were one of the best of the best the regiment could offer. Now that this sudden situation happened, it was the same as cutting a leg and a bunch of fingers from the country's power.

"What were they doing there?" asked Macario.

A high court senator then gave a file folder to Macario and then said,

"Their task was to look for any non-renewable energy source the country could use for its base operations. Exponentially the path that we were able to build up towards the source that we found was the same path Brando and his team took before we lost contact with them."

With a solemn expression, Macario then looked at that senator and asked sternly,

"And where is this source?"

That senator then answered, albeit, with a dry voice.

"Southwest from the country........ A volcanic region...."

*Bang!!*

"Putang Ina mo!! Who the hell gave authority to this!!!!"

"Why the hell do I not know this!!!"

"Do you bunch of idiots know what you have done!!!"

(A/N: I can't give you definite definition of Putang Ina mo, if you check it on Google translate it would say 'your mother'. So I'll just say that this means 'you motherf*ck*r')

The whole room was silent. Every person that is within the room couldn't help but shudder at this moment.

Every person here knows why this was not said to the president. And this reason would dumbfound any political power living up to this day.

Corruption.

Just this simple word, yet, there's this fool still doing it.

In the history of the country, there has never been a lack of corrupted officials. Be it the local barangay mayors, LGU's, police force, etc. There have always been corruption.

Likewise, each and single person that became President would promise to eradicate corruption.

But in the end....

It's still there.

Like a cockroach, it doesn't die that easily.

But.....

That doesn't mean that each and every single person that became president didn't have their own methods of dealing with it.

Seeing as not a single person with authority was saying anything. Macario then said,

"What? Don't tell me no one authorized this? Or are you all idiots that doesn't know how to do basic investigation."

He then took the file folder, took a sheet of paper from there, and then slammed it on the table.

(A/N: whatever you can consider a table on a high tech country that is.)

Macario then pointed out something on the sheet of paper, and then said,

"See here. There's a sign from the court of Senates here. There's also a sign from the high court officials. Now, if no one's gonna tell me who thought of this..... Bullshitness of an authorization. Then might as well put all of your heads on the Criminal watchlist no?"

The moment Macario mentioned the Criminal watchlist. Every political figure on the room gave exclamations, surprise, and horror.

Being wrote down in the Criminal watchlist would ensure their deaths. And every single person here of course didn't want that.

"Now, I don't care about public image or whatever whatnots. This country had it with corrupted bastards that doesn't give a damn for their own country. So, it wouldn't mind a little bloodshed yes?"

Yes. Bloodshed. Whenever a case involving corruption occurs, an instant purge would happen.

Who would care about the police force. Even the military would be deployed just to handle such matters.

Public humiliation? Human rights? Imprisonment? Ha! Laughable.

Such people would just harbor I'll intent when they're caught red-handed. So why the hell care about their image.

Their privelege on human rights? Such people used the country's own citizens for their own gain. Why give them such rights when they can't even give the country's citizens those rights.

Drop them on jail? Lifetime imprisonment? Please, their own 'minions' would probably get them out sooner or later. So why even bother.

Heck, none of these would matter once your caught. It's better to issue a death sentence once found having evidence of corruption.

Macario then looked at every person at the room. After looking around, he then showed a face of discontent and disappointment.

"What a bunch of wastrels..... Can't even do proper investigation...." He murmured.

Macario then lowered his head for some moments, when he raised his head after, his eyes no longer display it's brightness. Now, it's only devoid of emotions.

Every person on the room then lowered their heads at this. Those eyes....

Gazing sharply at those officials, Macario then snapped his fingers.

The door to the meeting room then opened, there, came in people wearing military tactical armor, carrying weapons and the like.

These people then surrounded the room in an organized formation.

"For now, all of you would be detained, your movements watched. Until this issue is then resolved and investigated properly, all of you are to be suspended from your posts and position."

"Now get out of my sight."

.....

*Danilo Atienza Air Base*

"Go!go!go!"

"We have an order. Full clean sweep of the country. Scan every nook and cranny there is. There's a bastard in the government, and the president wants that person dead."

"Drop it down on the A-1 Galaxy. Go!"

*Whiirr*

.....

*Naval Base Heracleo Alano*

"Raise the anchor!!"

"Get it moving!! come on!!"

"Sir we just received an order from the higher ups."

"They said issue an search and rescue on the following areas they'll give us."

"Sir, PCG just called. They said that the President just issued to watch all coastal regions on the country."

"What the hell is going on??!"

.....

Slowly opening his eyes, Brando was greeted with a brown sheet of paper on his face. Ah, wait, it was a ceiling.

Looking around, there was burning fire lit on a fireplace on his left. On his right was a wall.

He then slowly got up from lying down, when he did this however, he felt pain all over his body.

"Groan..."

Massaging his forehead, Brando then stood up, but found that he couldn't do so simply. So, he supported himself by using whatever he can use to support himself on.

After steadying himself, that's when Brando finally noticed his surroundings.

"Where the hell am I...."

He then noticed a door, slightly open. He can also hear some chit-chattering occasionally through it.

Slowly making his way towards the door, the door then suddenly opened. And what bestowed on his eyes truly made him bewildered.