Chapter 51

"This...."

"Is this what she meant?!!"

Right before General Lin's eyes, was the faces of horror of their soldiers.

No it wasn't just them, even those from the Empire have already ran away, their magicians flew at a speed that the eye cannot even see.

A blue flash bypassed General Lin and had striked an escaping magician that is one of the Empire.

Looking back, he saw it. How that magician died.

The word impaled could not be used as to what remains of that magician as every single body part of that person was obliterated.

Perhaps now, it's only nothing but blood, and dust.

And then, at this moment, realization struck General Lin.

There's some force helping the Marsus kingdom.

.....

*2 hours ago*

"Oooyyyy!"

"Get out of the way!"

The cloaked person just kept walking towards them at a leisurely pace.

Seeing such an action from this person, General Lin started to feel uneasy.

"Tch, who does this person think he is huh?!"

Glancing beside him, General Lin could see Legionnaire Micel's displeased expression.

"Ah, Legionnaire Micel! Don't worry, this lowly ones would handle it."

"Hurry up you idiots! Handle him fast, give him a swift death!"

Seeing such things unfold before him, General Lin then glanced at his fellow people from the Lina Kingdom.

And from their eyes alone, he confirmed it.

Uneasiness was present, followed by hesitation.

Thinking back to the message Lia Rosen gave him. General Lin hardened his heart, and then relayed his decision to his fellow Generals and commanders.

"General Lin...... This......"

"We are committing treason if we do as you say......"

Seeing the hesitating expressions his fellow comrades were doing, he said.

"Although we don't know if what Lady Lia said is true, making the wrong decision would also be our downfall."

"...."

"We all have our own families. The King may have agreed to join the Empire, but what about the people's opinion."

His comrades in arms looked at him with wavering expressions.

General Lin was right. It may be the king's words, but it wasn't his own people.

Although they may not know what's going on on the Royal palace but they are sure of one thing. And that is that they're king might have already abandoned them, just for his own greed and his own power.

While they were lost in thoughts, a small platoon went ahead of all the others on the field to 'confront' the cloaked man opposite of them.

"Hehehehe, get your butt out of here kid."

"If you don't.... Hehe, maybe you would just see your own body on the ground."

The cloaked man stopped just around 30 yards away from the platoon.

"Oy! I think he's ready to give up."

"Haah? After stopping us in our tracks. Hmmp! What does he thinks of us!"