Chapter 52

On a small hill, not far from the massacre. There were two people watching the former organized army, flee to different directions.

"It's chaos down there...." Said Gart, who's currently wearing a cloak.

"It has come...." Said Lia, likewise in the same style.

"Lia, do you think that they can still make it out?"

Showing a worried expression, Lia said.

"I-im not sure...."

"All the divination told me about is that that thing will not stop until everything around it is dead."

"Thing? Lia that's no thing. That's a demon from the ancient times!"

Lia went silent when Gart mentioned this.

A demon from the ancient times was known as one of the world's destroyers.

These demons did not care about anything. They invaded territories, they kill any form of life on sight, then after that, they would corrupt the land, rendering it dangerous for any type of race besides them. Such actions was then called as the Demonic invasion.

Although the details of the invasion itself was lost in time, it was known that there are still some records on how these demons were combated.

On the records, things like the summoning of heroes from otherworlds were done. On other records, it was the term 'Memories of a past life on another world'. From where these people imparted their knowledge of their past life to aid beastmen, elves, and mankind itself on the war.

Although the feasibility of such things is very small, it was nevertheless, on the record.

And as for what Gart said, if these was truly an ancient demon....

"Gart, I don't know if your right. But, I do think that maybe what you're saying is feasible."

"First of, that thing is never before seen by any person. There's no records whatsoever..."

"Look, what I'm trying to say is that-"

As she said this, she turned and looked at Gart.

However,

"Don't move."

A muzzle was pointed between her brows.

.....

"Legionnaire Micel. Go!! You must bring this news back!!"

"Stop the demon!!"

"General Bartas! The Empire will remember your deeds."

"Damn demon!! Die!!!!"

General Bartas then activated his martial skill, Turtle shell.

He then raised his sword and then pointed it at the 'demon'. He then charged at it, intending to ram it down.

The 'demon' however, made a clean side step.

Seeing this, General Bartas then turned towards the 'demon' and then made an upward thrust with his sword.

"Heat redirection!!"

Red magic formations then formed at the hilt of the sword. The sword then started to glow red.

"Die!!"

Flames then started to gush out of the General Bartas' sword.

The 'demon', in reaction to the attack done by General Bartas, raised its left arm from where it's blade was.

General Bartas then smirked when he saw this action.

"A foolish demon then."

After he said this, both blades then made contact with each other.