Chapter 40

"RAAAA!"

In his rage from the outburst his former men were doing, Molu raised his scimitar, then a huge Jade sword after image suddenly appeared within the air.

Fear immediately engulfed Molu's former men. Subconsciously, most of them knelt. As scum as they were, they still only follow the strong in the end.

There are a few minimum that didn't knelt but directly unsheathed their weapons and pointed it at Molu.

"Foolish."

Molu then slashed downwards, the movement followed by the huge Jade sword after image.

When the Jade sword after image made contact with the ship (Molu's ship), apart from where Molu was standing, everything else was sliced in two.

(Note: Molu is standing at the stern of the ship)

The sliced ship then slowly sunk while Molu himself stood still at his position.

While sinking, he threw the scimitar in the air and then pointed at the two other remaining ships of the Black Eel pirates.

The scimitar glowed and then two huge Jade swords appeared on the air.

Seeing the swords, the pirates on the remaining ships immediately panicked and started turning the ships away from Molu.

However, ships are ships, it was still too slow and hence, was also sliced in two.

During this process the ship Molu was standing on have already sunk, Molu himself, no longer seen.

And all of this was witnessed by the people on the La Camesa. After seeing such a scene, all of them felt fear. If Molu's ship got closer to them, then maybe they would be the ones who would suffer such a fate.

Lucilia herself though, was perplexed.

Molu's action was not that of a pirate since pirates would not do such a thing. Then does this mean that Molu was actually that of a different occupation but later had to result in piracy?

Lucilia immediately took these thoughts off her head. Thinking about this now would be useless since the deed has been done.

She then withdrew her magic formation and soon, her appearance then returned to normal. She then sat at where she was, trying to digest everything that happened today.

.....

*The still unnamed port that was recently built*

"Good progress, good progress. Although a little mishap happened on Ashton base everything else is running good."

"Otherworld creature attack right president."

"Although it is a creature attack, I'm not sure about your otherworld."

"Come on, can't we just accept that this is an otherworld."

"Haaa, you read too much novels commander...."

"Ahahahahah" ("ahahaha")

Showing a beaming smile, President Macario said,

"Nevertheless, we would know if where on this otherworld that you say of when the satellite is finished right?"

Dropping himself on the couch of the president's living quarters, Brando stayed silent while smiling softly and looking around the room with interest.

Macario looked at him intently and then sighed.

"Haaa, don't worry. I'll be going back to the country this evening to handle the matters back at Manila."

"You sure? From what I remember, Manila got crushed by a dragon that has a wingspan around 3km. Wait, was it 3km?"

Macario sighed and stood up from the couch the opposite of Brando.

"Well, things there needs permission and repairs okay. Plus, the materials you got from No Man's land was really helpful. We're currently on the red on those stuff."

"Materials or not, it would still be a tough time you know Me, President. Nowadays, building something is easy but repairing it is not. Oh, and from what I remember, were in dire need on natural oil right?"

Picking up his coat, Macario looked at Brando and said,

"I'll just stay silent. Since I know that your already teasing me. Besides, it's not like it's your problem, right?"

Brando simply smiled and made a shoo away gesture on his other hand while the other hand was making a bye-bye gesture.

Too lazy to even bother with Brando's mischiefs, Macario opened door and left the quarter.

Moments later, Nievas came in and sat opposite of Brando while giving him a bottle of orange juice.

After taking a sip, Brando said,

"Could have been better with C2 apple but this could do."

"Just stop complaining, you yourself should already know that their stocks have been incredibly low right."

Shrugging his shoulders, Brando simply said, "Nyeh."

Sighing, Nievas gave a small folder to Brando.

"Today's report?" Asked Brando.

"Yes but no."

Raising an eyebrow, Brando gave her an "what now" gaze.

Not paying attention to his gaze, Nievas said,

"This report contains the current energy consumption the country had within 5 months. You can see here that from the graph that there are high and stable energy consumption done within three months. After the fog event, everything has been on the yellow and red."

"The largest energy that's supplying the whole country now are the solar farms from the La Paz sand dunes and the established New Clark solar farm. The rest are from our hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass, and wind farms. The ones on the red are our non-renewable powerplants."

"Why so?" Asked Brando.

"I'm not sure myself. After the fog event, they said that the whole geology just changed. Oil refineries went down in business. Some coal plants said that the former materials that they can get were coal and other bunch of stones like graphite form time to time, now they get this thing which they temporarily call white stone or white Jade."

Taking the picture that shows the white stone or white Jade from the small folder, Brando gave a skeptical look to Nievas.

"You sure this is white, looks like a transparent crystal to me."

Not minding his skepticism, Nievas answered,

"They called it a stone or Jade due to it's composition being similar to the latter, it's called white due to the natural color it gives, like a prism you know."

"So they called it white due to white being transparent?"

"Yep."

Contemplating for some time, Brando said,

"I'm now starting to have a vision on our next operation. Let me guess. Look for resources that the country can use. Especially the non-renewable ones right?"

Nievas smiled and said,

"Bingo."

"Looking for crude oil and other resources huh. Well this would be troublesome."

Nievas sighed.

"Hey, hyper batteries and the such would be hard to recharge especially since we still don't have places were we could gather helium. So we'll have to go back to the classics like the jet fuel and such for the moment."

Nodding, Brando stood up, walked to the door and said,

"Well, tell the team that, were going on another adventure I guess."

After he said that, he left Nievas alone to tend their people to the call.