Chapter 57

"Wha-what happened?!"

Zora, Count Rique's son, who was acting all haughty just moments ago, was now on the ground, with the whites of his eyes showing.

Moreover, his body was trembling nonstop, as if he was possessed by an evil spirit.

"What did those people do?" Thought Lia.

Seeing this scene, many couldn't help but tremble in fear. Especially for the ones that only have ordinary backgrounds.

Most of them only joined the army for the high pay and to bathe in it's glory when it achieves victory.

Never did they thought that they're first ever battle would end in a miserable defeat.

"Keep moving and don't stop!" Shouted one of the guards.

Hearing this, they obediently listened and once more began to move.

To some others that were plotting to start an escape, immediately threw the idea off.

They didn't even know what happened when Zora fell to the ground. If they do anything funny, the might probably end up receiving a more bitter end.

The guards immediately dragged Zora's body away from the moving crowd and then put his body on a caravan.

After that, the caravan left.

"Lia, come on. We have to keep moving."

"Gart. What do you think happened?"

Without looking at Lia, Gart made a straight reply.

"I don't know about that. But we're probably watched by something."

"Watched by something?" Asked Lia.

"Yeah. The guards didn't do anything, in fact, they just watched The Count's foolish son make a racket. And then, that's were it came."

"That?"

"Yeah, a flash of light came from a certain direction. I'm not sure which direction it came from though. However, through this, I am sure that something's watching us. Keeping notice of our every movements. This is probably why none of the guards made a move."

"I...... See..."

Lia then began to deduce what Gart said. If what Gart said is true, then those that were making some "funny" movements earlier were probably already noted on the watchlist.

If what he said is false, then.......

What was it then.

......

On a tower situated on the Fortress walls.

"What great timing. We have a volunteer."

"A possibly immature volunteer."

"Who cares. Our friends down there would have just possibly shoved that guy with brute force. Good thing he mentioned mentioned his nobility. Because of that, I was allowed to use my new toy."

"Moreover, now we can grab some Intel."

"You can't kid me okay. You just want to know how the power control of the new sniper, Ss-77, actually works."

"Ey, at least we now know that it actually works right. Even the police can use this to taser someone from afar."

"Aiyaiyai."

.......

*Philippines*

*Clark air Base*

The presidential private plane made a touchdown at the airbase.
From which the airbase itself, was riddled with news caster's and journalists. Trying to get anything from the recent events the country is receiving.