26

"i don't want her to have anything to do with my baby. i don't want anything to do with her" flow told her grandmother.

"flow, she is your mother" dorris tried to reason.

"hardly" flow retorted.

"flow, she just overreacted. just - "

"why are you defending her grandma? you were there you saw how she spoke to me. how she spoke to cameron's mother ! you know how embarrassed i was ?" flow asked.

"i know flow. but -"

"grandma, just stop okay. your not going to get me to talk to her. i don't want anything to do with her. i don't want to deal with this anymore. she brings out the worse in me and i don't need to have someone around me like that. i am done" flow told her grandmother meaning it this time. sick and tired of reaching out to her mother only for her to slap her in the face.

"you only have one mother flow."

"well tell her that. look how she treats you ? she didn't even so much as say hello to you. nothing. yet she is quick to beg you to try and patch things up . man tell her to get the -" stopping herself flow didn't want to be taken to that place. that place of rage that only her mother could take her. worse, she didn't want to begin screaming and shouting and hurting her grandmother's feelings because she had nothing to do with what was going on with flow and her mother.

"flow" dorris called her name softly

"grandma i am finished. i and done i don't care what happens to her. just like she didn't care what the hell happened to me. i have a family who i have to think of now. they are my priority, my responsibility she isn't. she is a grown ass woman. she is going to have to fight her battles her self. she is going to have to wait however long it takes for her name to get off that waiting list."

"oh flow" dorris begun to cry.

turning away from her grandmother's tears flow didn't want to see that. she didn't want her grandmother to guilt her into patching things up with her mother. as a factor she wasn't going to let her. sonya crossed the line and there was no coming back from that. flow was through with her

"what was that all about ?" cameron asked once flow had came out of the baby room which was a temporary guest room for the night.

"what was what about ?" flow asked pulling the comforter over her legs.

"the argument between you and your grandma" he answered.

"it wasn't an argument it was a discussion"

"well your family sure discuss things loudly"

throwing cameron a side flow hissed her teeth. "whatever." flow told him fluffing up her pillows to go to bed.

"what are you doing ?" cameron questioned her.

"what does it look like i am doing ? i am going to bed" flow told him.

"how come ?"

"why wouldn't i ?" flow asked him staring at him perplexedly.

"because we have to talk about what happened today"

"what happened today ?" she asked him

"the whole situation with your mom"

"cam-"

"nah' we have to talk about what happened today. your mom was really out of line flow and my mom is pretty upset with how she spoke to her and handled her."