38

sitting silently neither shay nor flow said anything. they just stared off into the lake as if it was the thing that was truly holding their attention. as if silence was a norm between them.

crossing her arms over her chest flow ignored the tears that streamed down her face. pressing her hands underneath her arm she did not dare wipe them as they fell for she knew if she did she could not stop herself.

turning to flow shay desperately wanted to say something. anything, but knew no words from her were enough to ease the pain that her best friend was feeling or grief. opening her mouth nonetheless she went to go say something.

"don't" flow begged of her noticing shay from the corner of her eyes. "don't give me any of that b.s crap that it is going to be okay. that everything is going to be fine" flow begged of her "because it isn't" she told shay, tears still cascading down her cheeks.

obliging shay eased back closing her mouth and holding her words to herself. reaching her hand flow went against her will wiping the tears from her eyes as the hot liquid was stinging her skin.

kneeling forward in an instance flow cradled her head against her knees and begun to weep her will shattering. staring at her best friend, shay just looked at flow unsure what to do.

pressing her hand against flow's back shay ran her hands across it trying to console flow. trying to ease her pain, but knew nothing could. no words could change what was causing her grief.

easing into shay's open arms flow clung to her holding onto her never having expected to fall a part the way she was as she thought she would be equipped enough to handle the news. as she had expected it and knew that it would soon come to pass. that it was inevitable.

"i can't believe it" flow told her "i knew it what to expect, but i didn't think it would hurt this much" flow told her "and i know your not suppose to question GOD , but why ?" flow asked. "why me shay ? why is it always me this happens to ?" flow asked.

staring at flow shay didn't know of answer to give her. didn't know what to tell her.

pressing her hands against flow's shoulder as she sobbed say sighed "well i mean she is in a better place now" she told flow.

turning her eyes to shay flow scuffed "in a box. that is a better place ?" she questioned . shaking her head flow turned from shay's glare. "i know she wasn't the greatest mother and i knew it was going to happen, but i never thought i would feel this way" she spoke honestly. "it just isn't fair shay" flow told her "and the worse part is i know in my hearts of hearts i am going to suffer the same fate. that arie will -" stopping herself flow couldn't continue as her tears would not let her.

"don't say that flow. you don't know" shay countered

"i know shay. i know ! my clock is just ticking. it is only a matter of time before i wind up in the same box as them."

"don't talk like that flow. please" shay begged of her

"it is the truth shay. sooner or later i am going to be gone"

"flow please stop talking like this. just because your mom is dead doesn't mean -"

"IT DOES shay. don't you see ?" flow questioned with her hand "look at me" she told her reaching her hand up to her hair and running it through it a bit of her hair coming out in her hand. "it is happening" flow told shay.

"FLOW" shay cried , tears instantly coming to her eyes as she saw flow's hair in her hand.

"i found out a while a go when i went for one of my routine check ups . i didn't have the strength to tell anybody" flow told shay "i couldn't tell my grandmother because i know it would hurt her especially with my mom dying. and i don't have the heart to tell cameron" flow cried

reaching for flow, shay grabbed her tightly into a hug clinging to her. "it is going to be alright" she told flow "it is" she cried to flow "your going to be okay."she spoke trying to convince herself more than flow. "right flow ? right ?" she asked as she held on to her tightly.

staying silent flow said nothing as she didn't know. she didn't know if she would even live to see tomorrow