5

Vote and enjoy!✈

  I felt someone shake me gently and I jolted awake, only to see Matteo looking over at me, concerned

"What? What is it? Where's Stef? Is he oka-"

Matteo chuckled slightly, "Your brother is fine. Diamond and Stefan went inside for a restroom break and to get snacks while Benjamin fills up on gas. You were having a nightmare I think. Are you okay?"

I never noticed how thick his southern accent was but the realization of him catching me having a nightmare overpowered the knowing of his accent. I flipped the mirror down and saw that my face had tear streaks running down and my eyes were puffy and red, "Oh, I'm sorry to disturb you."

"You haven't disturbed me," he confirmed with pursed lips as he handed me a small bottle. I glanced down at it and recognized it as eye-drops. I sighed in relief, silently thanking him as I grabbed it and unscrewed the cap. I tilted my head back and slightly squeezed the bottle into my inner corner, blinking immediately. I repeated the same process with the opposite eye and handed the bottle back to him once the cap was screwed back on. I had to pee so I took my blanket off and folded it as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"I'll be back in a sec," I said softly as I pulled the door handle and he opened his door simultaneously, "It's a shady town, I'll come with you." I chuckled and turned away from him as I pulled my pepper spray from my bra. I turned back and showed him, "I can handle my own. Besides, shouldn't you babysit this car? Looks like it cost you a pretty penny." He snorted and walked over to my side, shutting the door behind me, "I have plenty of said pretty pennies to buy a new one. There is only one you."

I blushed slightly at his statement but reminded myself that he has a girlfriend so I decided not to respond. We walked inside the quaint gas station in silence as he walked me to the bathroom. I went in and did my business in one of the four stalls. Once I finished, I walked over to the sink where Diamond was redoing her makeup. I looked at the time and it read three in the morning. I began washing my hands and once I was in the middle of it, Diamond turned the water off and placed her hand on her hip in a confrontational matter.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, my hands awkwardly dangling in the sink and she pursed her lips, "Are you trying to make a move on Matteo? Because you should know that he's totally happy with me-"

"Diamond... I don't want your boyfriend. I don't know how many times I need to clear that up for you, but I just got here. I'm too busy for a relationship and-"

"Too busy or not, you could still want to fuck him," she smirked, acting as if she called out my crap. Except she didn't. I don't want to have sex with anyone I'm not involved with romantically and because I have no time for a romantic relationship, I don't have time for sex.

"Okay," I said as I turned the water back on and she turned it right back off, causing my blood to boil. I inhaled sharply, trying to remain calm despite how she was seriously testing every nerve I have right now, "Yes?"

"Don't turn away from me when I'm trying to have a conversation with you, Samantha," she said as she stepped closer to me and now I'm angry. This is the second time she's called me Samantha after it has been made crystal clear that I prefer Sammie.

"Sammie. My name is Sammie," I said through gritted teeth and she rolled her eyes. She kept quiet for a few moments so I took that as my cue to finally finish washing my hands from the soap that is currently residing on my palms and fingers. Only, she turned the water back off with a slam of her hand this time and I quickly wiped my hands on my skirt, "What the heck is your problem, Diamond? I mean come on! I'm trying to wash my freaking hands and you keep turning the water back off for what reason? To continue having a pointless, one-sided conversation about how I don't want your boyfriend romantically or sexually?"

Her shocked face turned into a scowl quickly as she pushed me backwards slightly, "Don't disrespect me, Samantha!"

"My name is fucking Sammie!" I shouted as I grabbed her hair and slammed the side of her face into the mirror. She cried out in pain as the glass broke around her cheek, cutting her up and she screamed as she ran after me and knocked me backwards onto my butt. She slapped me in the face, the stinging sensation causing me to freeze up. The last person to put their hands on me violently was dad after what happened...

I must have blacked out from anger because the next thing I knew, I was grabbing her hair and dragging her out of the bathroom by said hair. She kicked and screamed before I picked her up by her short hair and threw her outside onto the concrete. I kicked my sandals off, ignoring the shocked looks from everyone in my peripheral vision as she screamed in rage, sprinting towards me with blood running down her face. I stepped out of the way as she crazily ran towards me and when she turned back around to hit me, I threw a punch at her face.

"You bitch!" She screamed through her tears as the sound of her nose cracking under my fist echoed in the parking lot. I went to throw another punch when I felt someone grab my wrist gently. Matteo.

I kept my fist in the air, breathing heavily from adrenaline as I kept my hardened glance on her, "I'll say it again, I don't want your boyfriend."