75

Vote and enjoy✈️

  He grabbed his towel and wrapped it around his waist, then stepped out of the shower and walked over to me, engulfing me into his arms

He grabbed his towel and wrapped it around his waist, then stepped out of the shower and walked over to me, engulfing me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his wet body and rested my cheek on his chest.

But then I began to cry.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He asked softly and deeply, stroking my hair as I cried into his chest. I covered my face out of embarrassment as I continued to cry and he pulled away, grabbing my wrists gently and peeling my hands away from my face, "Hey, what's going on?"

"I'm h-happy," I cried and a small smile appeared on his face, "I love you."

I tried to reply but I was crying so hard that I couldn't even utter a single word. He helped me over to the sink and grabbed the hairbrush. He began brushing and detangling my hair softly and gently, trying not to hurt me.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth gently so that my gums wouldn't bleed from the sensitivity. After finishing, he helped me undress and into the shower.

He pulled the towel off of him and directed me under the warm water. Once the water hit my shoulders, I physically relaxed and almost lost my balance. Matteo grinned and helped balance me as I blushed out of embarrassment.

"You are beautiful," he whispered as he bent down, kissing my cheek. I smiled as he kissed my other cheek, "You're perfect."

He brushed the wet hair out of my face and kissed my lips softly, "You're incredible, absolutely, undeniably, incredible."

"Stop," I whined and he chuckled as he shook his head, "I need to tell you something. And I need you to not interrupt me as I speak, understood?"

I cocked an eyebrow at his dominance but nodded nonetheless, "I understand."

He spun me around as he put a dollop of shampoo in the palm of his hand. My back rested against his front as he began massaging the shampoo into my hair.

"I'm sorry," he spoke and my eyebrows met in confusion.

Sorry? What is he sorry for?

"You were never meant to live this life. You were meant to stay in this house for a little bit with your brother and then begin traveling the world again. You were meant to be happy and free from all of the illegal drama in our lives," he sighed and pushed my head forward so he could rinse the shampoo out.

His fingers feel so good in my hair and on my scalp. I hope this never stops.

"You were meant to leave before I fell in love with you. But you didn't and I fell in love with you way too soon. But I do, I love you so fucking much that I would go to the ends of the world for you. So I am sorry. I'm so goddamn sorry, Samantha. I'm so sorry for getting you in all of this," his voice cracked and I turned around.

I stepped on my tip-toes and rested my palm against his cheek, planting a small kiss on his lips. His hand met the curve of my back and pulled me into him further. I kissed him passionately before I pulled away, "You don't have to apologize, Matteo."

"Yes I do," he said and I shook my head as I grabbed the conditioner and we began washing our hair with it as I elaborated, "My sister was killed in front of my because my dad was a part of a drug organization that branched off from a highly secret organization that you happened to be apart of. I was in this life whether you came into my life or not. It's not your responsibility to apologize to me for something my father did. I love you for you and if I wasn't okay with you, I would've run as soon as I realized. But I didn't. I'm here with you."

He nodded in understanding and I kissed his chest in different places so I wouldn't strain my legs to kiss his lips again. He washed my hair out for me and then washed his own hair out.

After he helped me wash and shave, we got out of the shower, dried off, and walked back into the room.

"You must be hungry," he spoke aloud once he got the TV set up for me to use. I nodded, "Kinda..."

My stomach rumbled loudly, on cue, and he laughed, "I'll go tell the chef. Pasta?"

I smiled and nodded, "Please? Also, can you be discreet about it? I don't... I don't want any company tonight... Does that make me a bad person?"

He chuckled and shook his head to himself as he walked back around to my side of the bed, "Everyone understands that you need time for yourself. What you went through was traumatic and everyone understands that you need time to process things and become healthy again. Starting with pasta and whatever movie you choose. Sound good?"

I smiled up at him and nodded, "That sounds perfect."

He tapped my nose playfully and kissed the top of my head before leaving the room. I grabbed the remote and scrolled for a little bit before I landed on the movie Ghostbusters.

I love this movie.

I played the movie and the beginning lit up as Matteo came back in the room with two large Gatorades. I love Gatorade.

He handed me the blue drink and I moaned in delight once the taste hit my tongue. He nodded in agreement as he drank his and settled with me on the bed. I felt his arm wrap around me and our legs immediately entwined.

I forgot what this felt like. I forgot what happiness and love felt like.

Anna was wrong.

He loves me. He never wanted to marry her, that was just her jealous, green-eyed monster words trying to get into my head and I allowed her to do so. He loves me.

He loves me.