chapter 30

After telling me I didnt belong, I watched as she threw herself on the floor and screamed, there was nothing I couldn't do anything. Suddenly Elijah and Em came through the doors and I knew then that she was doing it to get me into trouble.
"My baby" em cried and went to help em. Elijah just stood assessing the scene. "S..she p..pushed m..me" maisey stuttered.  Well wasn't she just a bitch. "It hurts mummy," she cried causing Em to send me a glare.  "Why Avery" Elijah asked me but before I could even say anything Em spoke "does it matter why, she hurt maisey. I  dont care how you were raised but in this family violence is a no" she shouted. I thought back to all the times Elijah had shown that sort of behaviour, in the alley, with eliza and whenever I told him about my past."im scared mummy" maisey cried making the situation worse.
"Its ok honey" she comforted.  "I'm sorry" I whisper, I was scared of how Elijah was going to react. Em helped Maisey up and took her out of the kitchen. Elijah used this as an opportunity and closed the kitchen door. I knew then that I was screwed.
"What the fuck Avery" he began. I didnt dare stop him "I cant fucking believe you, I brought you here because I thought you were ready to meet my mum and family. Clearly I was wrong if all you are going to is act out. What the hell were you thinking. Maisey is in tears because of you. Do you not understand the severity of your actions. I get that you have never had a proper family before but now you do and you need to learn acting out isnt going to work" he shouted making me even more upset. "I didnt push her" I try to tell him. "Then why the hell was she crying on the floor" he was getting impatient.  "I dont know  please Elijah" I try but he rolls his eyes. "I cant trust you anymore,  all you do is lie to me" he said in a much calmer tone. "Ok sure I've lied to you but I've never been violent. You know I'm not a violent person" I try to reason and for a moment it seems to work. "Maisey was on the floor, she wont just throw herself on the floor" he was much calmer now. "But she did" I whisper.  "You know what, I'll deal with you when we get home" he stated and walked out leaving me alone. Tears began to fall as I realized how much trouble I'm in. 
I tried to distract myself washing up but it didnt work, the tears kept falling and I was finding it harder and harder to breath. I had to get out of here.

I made my way to the front door hoping for fresh air, as I did I passed the living room, the door was open and I could see Maisey sat with Elijah and everyone was talking. I didnt belong here. I noticed Lydia wasnt in the room, she must be busy elsewhere . I couldnt stay here, I quickly made my way to the door and left.
I didnt belong. Elijah didnt trust me. His sister and niece hated me just like his while family probably does by now. I had to go, I had to disappear.

Elijah
I was angry with her, I didnt tolerate violence and yet she displayed it. The more I sat and thought about it, the more I questioned it. She wasnt a violent person. Maisey was sat cuddled up to me and I hated it. I wanted Avery to be in her place. "Maisey why did Avery push you" I ask. "I dont know,  maybe she was jealous" she suggested. "Why would she be jealous though" max asked for me. "I dont know ok, she started saying mean things then pushed me" something wasnt adding up, Avery may have lied and done alot of things but she feared everything. "My poor baby" em cuddled her. "What kind of mean things" I ask. "Does it really matter Elijah, your kid hurt my baby" em replied and I rolled my eyes. She was to soft with maisey, maisey definitely needed to have rules, before she turned into a spoilt brat. "It does matter actually" I state, maisey using her mum as a way out "mummy just thinking about it makes me frightened" I was about to say something but instead my dad did "maisey tell Elijah" his voice was firm and left no room for argument. "She told me that you had her now and i was just in the way" maisey whispered. It seemed like a lie. Avery wouldn't say anything like that. Before  anyone else could speak mum walked in. She scanned the room "where is Avery, I just finished wiping the table and went to check on her. I presumed she got bored of washing up and came here" she said and I swear my heart stopped. Avery was missing. I couldnt loose her again. "So shes missing" max asked. "I think so, she might have got lost though" mum said. Fuck. This was all my fault. "Fuck. Mum dad search the house. Max come with me, we are going out to look for her"

I couldnt help but think the worse. It was my fault, I dont think I could ever live with myself if she got hurt. With that sick psycho in the city I knew I had to find her before he got his hands on her. I hoped she was just lost or something.
"Have you seen a girl come out of here tonight" I ask the security guard. It takes him a few seconds to respond "oh yeah, a girl did come out, she seemed to be having a panic attack" he told me and max. A panic attack. Fuck. My fault again. "Where did she go" max asked. "Oh she went out, said she had to go for a walk to clear her head" this got me angry, why the hell did he let her leave when she was having a panic attack. "So you let a 15 year old girl having a panic attack just walk out" I ask and he nods "not at first but she said that you advised her to go on a walk" he explained and although I felt anger towards the guard and immense worry  for Avery I couldnt help but feel proud at how clever she was.
"I'll get the car" max spoke and ran of to the garage.
"I suggest you start looking for a new job" I said and turned to go catch max up.
I had to find her. I was not losing her again.