chapter 2

Elijah
That girl was different. She was the first person in a long time that I didnt want to fear me. She looked so vulnerable and yet she was definitely strong, I could see it in her eyes the fear she had wasn't just directed at me but she was living in constant fear. I wasnt sure why but I was going to find out so as she ran off I went out the alley and got in my car that was parked conveniently next to the alley. I started to drive, I followed her to wherever she was going, part of the reason was to make sure she doesnt get hurt but the more sinical part of me had to make sure I knew where she lived so I could get information on her just incase she decided to tell, I would have her and her family killed.   I guess I wouldnt be following her if she gave me a last name but all I had to go on was her name was ellie but I doubt she was telling the truth when she gave me the name.

She ran straight up the steps of sunshines and rainbows, which shocked me. She was a orphan. As she ran up the steps a women stepped out, she smiled at the girl then pulled her in. Something was wrong. I shook my head and decided that the girl wasnt worth bothering about and headed home.

Avery

I ran up the steps only to be greeted by miss Eliza, she smiled a fake smile and pulled me inside, it was like being pulled into hell by the devil. "Where were you" she shouted. "I got stopped by a teacher, so I took a short cut back and got lost" I te her quickly, it wasnt exactly a lie either. "Pathetic, go take a seat in there. Not like anyone wants you,  you're a pathetic useless bitch" she said and pushed me into the hall, the hall was basically the place where families come to see us ect, there are desks set up around the hall and we all have to sit at one and families come and talk to us. It's pointless really for me and it frightens the hell out of me,  even though miss eliza treats me bad, foster homes are alot worse. I take a seat in the far corner and lay my head on the desk, it's not like anyone will come talk to me anyway. 

Soon the meetings are done and 6 kids have left after being fostered and a further 2 left after being adopted. As soon as the families left miss eliza comes up to me "see brats like you dont get a home" she says pulling me up by my hair. I dont dare say anything as it will only get worse, I learnt from experience.  The kids here dont stand up for me because they will only suffer too and I don't blame them, I dont want to get anyone else hurt.  "Pathetic bitch" she snapped and dragged me towards the closet. I couldnt help but panic and try to get out of her grip, I hated the closet, it was dark and she had stuck nails in it, one wrong move and I could accidentally stab myself, I struggled but she was stronger and she threw me in. I sat in the corner and cried,  it was friday so it was likely I'd be here until monday.

I hated this place.

As I cried I began to think about my mother, she wasnt much of a mother really but she was nice occasionally.  I don't remember much but I was told she started taking drugs when I was 2,  i guess before that she was a good person. I do remember whenever she was high she would hit me and call me names, I remember the incident that led me to be here.

"Dont worry avery this will make everything feel better, it will make you happy" a mother said to her 5 year old daughter.
"Mummy what are you doing, I dont like needles mummy" a confused 5 year old said as she looked up at her mother, the mother ignored her child cries and stabbed the needle into her.
She was drugging her child and she continued to do this until a few months later when the little girl told her teacher.

A social worker came and took the girl from her mother, no father could be found and so she was placed in little sunshine and rainbows

I was informed a year later that she had died of a overdose and with no father I was considered a orphan.  When they told me this I kept thinking about how I'd never met my father and he must be dead if I was being called a orphan. It was strange because I felt sadder knowing my father was dad even though I'd never met him than I felt when I got told my mother was dead. I hated her for what she did, she injected me with multiple drugs.