Chapter Sixty-Two : Stay By My Side

   Like last chapter, I'd also separate this chapter into two parts. It's cause I'm too lazy to write. Forgive me huhu.

   Dedicated to : Lyam159
Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting almost all of my books in the span of two days❤️. It really boosted my morale. Sorry if I dedicated you here but since my old books are finished, I'd thought it was better to dedicate you here.

    "Soo Tommm..." I warily trailed off, darting my gaze to the bright gleam of the chandelier just right above me and the countless picture frames placed on top of the fern coloured cabinet.

   He seems to have a really nice and lovely family---something which I could never have. Happy, well-loved and filled with affection; I could just about tell that with the look of his parents and his younger self being kissed in the cheeks by them.

  I heaved a sigh, flickering my sight to Tom who stopped walking, feet halted and eyes now staring back at me. "What?"

    If anything, shouldn't I have come with him? I might die here---kidding. All jokes aside, his anger seems to have subsided just a little. As far as I could see, he could have some anger issues--but that's none of my business.

   Some people just wanna keep their problems a secret, so I won't pry.

     "Nothing."

   He sighed, a deep one at that, then ushered his feet towards the white spiral stairs with his back now facing me. He grips his right hand on the handle, then turns his neck to see me. "Just sit by the couch or something. I'll get some clothes."

   "Thanks dude," I replied, rubbing my arms since it was really cold outside.

    He nods, not saying another word, then takes the stairs upstairs without ever looking up. I trudged my way to his camel coloured couch with the television still blaring some late night show. I take a seat, my feet planted close to each other formally, like I'm not supposed to be here.

   Except that's true. My fingers involuntarily tapped anxiously on my lap to a random beat, a soft hum escaped my lips while my mind tried to rewind everything that has happened.

   If only he wasn't born! Everything was ruined the moment he came!

   "You really didn't hold back, mother," I chuckle sourly, trying to mask my sadness in some twisted humour.

   I wished I wasn't born too. But did I have a choice? I didn't. Did I ask to be conceived in this world? What did I even do to deserve this? Am I so hated by the gods above that even my own parents don't want me?

   I really don't belong anywhere---not even at my own house. Everyone thinks I'll just fail at life for pursuing to be a musician;  most people I meet think I'm some broken kid who needs someone to fix him up. I didn't needed that. I just wanted someone to understand me.

   I thought that no one would. I didn't wanted to be treated like some pity child; treat me like I'm most people damn it. At least Janna did. She didn't look at me like she's going to fix me up like those dysfunctional people at the books you read. I was fairly normal, but people seem to forget that once they find my background.

    "Your clothes."

   "Oh," I snapped out of my little reverie, noticing the clothes Tom has over his extended hand. "--thank you."

   "You're welcome," he replied in a straight face, motioning me to take it off his hands.

  I outstretched my arms and took it, grasping it around my fingers. It was an a cotton type of pajamas with bunnies designed around it. I seemed to notice that Tom also has bunnies imprinted on his pajamas too. He likes bunnies, I guess.