Chapter Twenty-Seven : Oskar Greason

        "Bad mood?" Oskar pipes up from beside me, a notebook from the other hand and a pen with the other one.

      I frown slightly, remembering how I eventually gave in. And it pisses me off. "Mhm."

    "Whenever I get angry, I write compositions, you know?" he smiled faintly, taking a seat and leaning back.

     I raised a brow, eyeing the boy. "You're  a composer?"

     He grins lazily. "Just average. I play 'round with my keyboard. Just making music, you know?"

    I blinked, then closed the book I was reading out of frustrations. Fortunately, the library was empty---for now. And I wasn't exhilarated to entertain people or I'll probaby lash out to them.

     "That's....cool," I mutter, finally finding something to respond.

         "Wanna hear some of my compositions?" he looked at me and I could tell by those eyes of his that he truly wanted me to hear it.

    I usually didn't care about how other people felt, but seeing that me--someone who's just his co-worker, listen to something who might be personal to him, is special.

      I shrugged, leaning back on my chair as he grins and bent down, grabbing a mini keyboard from literally nothing. I raised a brow, never noticing that he actually had a keyboard all this time.

     "Surprised?" he had this boyish grin on his lips and I wonder if Oskar was actually popular in our school.

    He looked like that chill and yet boy next door type of guy. He's attractive and talented at that. I watched as he fiddled around with random keys and finally held the keyboard to his chest as he started pressing down keys.

    Music immediately entered my ears and it was pleasant. The tune had a vibrant yet nostalgic tone to it that reminds me of bittersweet memories.

    I closed my eyes, letting the rhythm and sound get into me, feeling every emotion piercing through as every key mattered.

    I slightly jolt down when he started singing. And it just made the song all the more better. He had a husky and soulful voice that draws out raw emotions.

   It was beautiful and touching. I just sat there in silence as Oskar brought out such a pleasing sound.

    Why his parents thought he was a disgrace, was unbelievable. He had talent and that's something to say.

    I flickered my eyes opened when the music stops and the singing pause. The song ended and I turned around to see Oskar looking at me. "What do you think?"

    "It's beautiful," I faintly smile, watching as he warmly smiles and nods.

     "You know Janna," he started, staring ahead with the keyboard still rested on his chest. "---you're the only one who ever listened to my music."

    "My folks called me a disgrace because I wanted to be a musician," he had a hint of melancholy in those crystal blue eyes. "--and people didn't  care to listen to my sound. They said pursuing music was getting me nowhere."

    "That I'll just struggle until the end."

   "But you," now he turned to face me, an indescribable emotion on his eyes. "--you actually listened. And said my sound was beautiful."

     "I'm happy."

  "You know," he smiles at me, a lock of hair brushed over his other eye. "---I can sort of understand why Tom is sticking by your side."