Chapter Thirty-Six : One Step Towards The Truth

2 chapters left!❤

   "No."

   "No?" he gives me a look that  thought I was going to accept his offer. He pouts, making the plastic bags sway with his movement. "--darn. I thought you'd say yes."

    I huffed, crossing my arms. "Well I'm not interested. And second, I don't like you."

  "But isn't my offer tempting at least?" he whined, stepping close.

  I bent down, picking up the plastic bags that I dropped due to the overwhelming offer he just blurted out. "Like I told you; I'm not interested."

     "Why? Is it because you realized you have someone else in your heart?" he lightly jokes.

    It wasn't funny in the least.

     I groaned, then sprung up from my crouched state with the plastic bags now dangling on my fingertips. "You want me to chuck this scissor?"

    "I don't think you'd want to get arrested for assault," he eyed me cautiously.

     "Tch."

   "Jokes aside," Oskar trails off, looking at a far distance for a mere second. "---didn't I promised I'll tell you why Tom is acting that way if you go on a date with me?"

     "I could just ask him," I try to brush him off.

     "But you couldn't, could you?"

    Bullseye. Damn it.

    "You see, if you go on a date with me, then you'll get your questions answered," he murmured, staring at the busy people passing through us. "--and you need to go on a date with me to further prove that."

      "Can't you just tell me?" I grumbled.

     "I can't tell you the full details," he looks at me and flashes a small smile. "--but I'm pretty sure going on a date with me will trigger it."

     "Trigger what?"

      "That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

       "Do I have a choice?" I whispered.

    "It's still up to you."

    I stare at my shoes, countless of thoughts circling my mind that one second. I do want to know. I mean he's already involved in my life..I deserve the right to know at least. He said I'm his friend, so I should know what's troubling him.

     I can't also outright ask him. Things have gone sour lately and asking would make things worst. If what Oskar says would truly answer this undying curiosity, then I'm willing to go.

    I closed my eyes, inhaling a deep breath while I calmed myself, feeling the tensed stance on my shoulder loosen. Then I flicker my eyes opened, and stare at his starry eyes.

     "I'll go on a date with you...but---"

   "I'll consider it a friends..uhm, hang out," I looked away, and towards the bustling street. "--so don't mistake it as romantic or something."