Our Future (FINAL)

When we think about the future, it feels like it's something so far away. But how can we truly differentiate what's the difference between the present and the future? Is tomorrow the future? A year from now? Well--that's not really the main focus here.

   My name is Janna Ordonia--Lucitor. It would be a cliché statement if I said I was your average girl or that I wasn't anything special, but he did make me feel special. Been married now for 4 years when I was 26.

    Now some people would say that I married too late, or that I'm too old to conceive children, but ha! Jokes on them. I don't care. It's not really about the age, but of how ready you are to settle down. Plus, ever since I was young, I've only planned to adopt and that's exactly what I did.

   Giving birth is not exactly right up my alley, and if Tom was the one who'd give birth, then I might've considered. Jokes aside, Tom did support my decision and he believes that orphans deserve a home too.

    "Wakey Wakey~"

    I flinch, squirming my eyes shut as I pulled the covers to my face. A hand attempts to pull them down and try as I may, my grip loosens and I let out a groan.

    Once I thought it was over and I could sleep in peace, he ambushes me with kisses, tickling my cheeks and neck. I flutter my eyes open and try to push him away.

    "S-stop! Tom! T-That tickles!"

    He lets out a chuckle and pulls away, grinning at me. "You're finally awake."

   I roll my eyes, sitting right-up in bed. "Yeah, yeah. Damn you Lucitor. I swear I'll get revenge for this."

   "Sure, sure," he brushes me off, attending the curtains as he tied them in a neat way whilst opening the windows, letting the sun beam its way through.

   "Where's Jenna?" I inquired, rubbing my eyes out of daze. I know. Very original. Tom persistently wanted to name our daughter that because she was a mini version of me.

   --Despite not looking alike, she still is our daughter.

"She's busy preparing herself, unlike you my pretty slob," he teased, which earned him a playful slap in the shoulder.

    "I swear you're getting more snarky as days pass by!" I cried, to which he pecks a kiss at my cheek.

    "Well, I learned from the best."

    "I should bite my tongue sometimes if I plan to say something retortful," I sigh before getting out of bed. "---anyway, we have a long day ahead of us. The whole gang is coming."

   He grins, eyes squinting in the process. "It's been awhile since we gathered together like this. I miss them."

   "That's precisely why we're having one right now, isn't it?" I slip off a smile as we both exit our room and went downstairs to find Jenna already dolled up, looking so beautiful in her white dress with a rose hairclip.

  "Awww, isn't our daughter pretty, Janna?" Tom cooed like a proud father, pulling out his phone and proceeds to snap pictures per second like a paparazzi. I could only stare in amusement while our daughter frowns.

   "Stop taking pictures of me, dad," she hides her face with her palm. "--one is enough."

   "You heard her," I murmur beside him.

    "But you're so pretty right now, princess," Tom pouts like a child who was told no for dessert. "--can you at least give daddy a kiss?"

   "No."

   I roll my eyes, hear we go again. Tom's eyes widened like he recieved a kiss from Judas as he places a hand on his chest and his face contorts like he was stabbed by a knife. "M-my daughter...hates me.."