Chapter Thirty-Three : Anxious

    5 chapters left!🍒

  "Janna...where are you going?"

     I turned around to find Tom standing on the other side with an unreadable expression of his. It's like he's troubled and constipated.

     The way his locks of hair swept over his face, tightened jaw, clenched fist and over all he was tensed. I look away. "What's it to you? Do I have to tell you where I go?"

     "N-no...but still!"

      "Then don't be a nuisance," I grunted, giving him one last look before making my way onwards the street without as much as looking back.

. . .

(Tom)

Don't go.....

       Was what I wanted to say. But all I could manage was trail my eyes to where she passed by until not a single trace of her was present. My hands were up in air, as if trying to reach her but all I did was stare as she was gone and out of sight.

      That's too selfish of me. I sigh, trying to get rid of my frustrations, tucking my hands under my jeans while the cold wind harshly caressed my body.

      Damn it. Since when did I get so clingy...and greedy? It's disgusting...and embarrassing. But I can't help myself.

    What if she likes that Oskar? How would I face her if she suddenly introduces him to us as her boyfriend? Should I punch him? No! That's no good either.

     I should ask Marco for some advice. Maybe he can help me with something.

          "So you're saying Janna and Oskar are going on a date?"

      "I don't know," I murmured under my breath, anxiously fiddling with my clasped fingers as I sat down by the couch of Marco's living room.

            "I don't know if....Oskar is the one she's meeting. But definitely something happened to them last time."

      Marco lets out a loud sigh, then slaps both of his hands on his lap as he stared at me with narrowed eyes. "You're such a girl---not to mention, possessive."

       "I'm like go for it. But remember that you're not Janna's boyfriend nor do you two having something going on," he trails off brash but truthful words that I don't want to realize myself. Because I'm selfish. The more I get close, the more I want her.

        "So she can be with whoever she wants."

      "Great job blowing the final blow, Marco," I groaned, leaning my torso against the sofa with a distressed look on my face. "---I know that. But I'm a guy okay? I can get jealous...you know what I mean."

      "Imagine if Star started going out with some guy?" I cast a gaze at him and he clenches his fists, gritting his teeth in the process.

        "See?" I managed to flash a small smile despite the churn in my chest. "---you're jealous too."

       "How about you just tell her how you feel?" he murmurs under his breath.