Chapter Fifty : Of Course I'm Jealous

       "So like I want this guy, and my bestfriend wants him---and like I totallyyy see that he has the hots of me---"

    I slightly nod, trying to keep my focus up but to be honest, I'd rather be stuck with Tom on an empty island than with people like this. I'm tempted to yawn but I held it in, placing a hand under my chin.

     "----and like she's my best friend, but like I mean she's totally going to get heart broken when I say that's he totallly not interested in her, like when he and me become a thing, you know?"

     "I totally see that look he glances at me. He totalllyyyy wants me," she chuckles, flipping her hair.

    I nod, my eyes starting to get droopy. Is English her first language? Because it sure doesn't seem like it. What's with 'totally' in almost every sentences she says? Is this a teenager's thing now? One things for sure, is that I'm not getting paid enough for this.

      "How about you ask the guy if he likes you?" I cut her off or else I'd probably be stuck with her for another hour.

      "Ugh," she glances at me like she's offended or like I chipped her new manicured nails. "---I don't need to ask! Like I know he wants me!"

    "Sure, sure," I blew at my nails, then proceeded in a mumble barely audible. "---and I'm a witch."

    "Ugh, you're so unhelpful," she rolls her eyes, flinging her well pampered hands. "---are you even listening to what I was saying?"

     "Yea, I was listening," I forced up a smile, wanting to chuck this hat onto her face flat. "--the solution is right in front of your face. Just tell the guy that he's lucky to date you, okay?"

     The girl smirks. "Now you get me. I know right? He's soo lucky to be dating someone like me. Well, thanks witch."

    "I'm not a wi---"

   The curtains close and I sigh, slumping back on my seat with my back feeling like they aged 50 years by just a span of ten minutes.

     Almost before I could close my eyes, the curtains draw open. It took me every courage not to muster a single scowl. Then my eyes finally adjusted from the light and see it's just Star.

     "Hey Janna," Star smiles but it wasn't reaching her lips. She immediately takes a seat in front of me without even asking for it.

     Her golden silky hair was tied up in a loose ponytail and she wasn't wearing her maid outfit---which she gushed about. That meant she just ended shift.

     "So, do you want an advice from a bum like me?" I sigh, leaning forward.

    "That's not why I'm here," she shakes her head, then grabs my hand and squeezes them. "---you're gonna be alright, right? Please say yes. I swear I don't want to know if you're gonna cry."

    "Cry?" I cocked a brow, confused by the blonde's words. "---why would I cry?"

   She bit her lip, a bit too reluctant to tell me. Is it really that grave I'll burst to tears? Well, nothing makes me cry---except those onions. Every single damn time.

     Anyway, I raised a brow, indicating her to say it. I swear I'm going to shake her vehemently when it's just about some small things and I know how Star makes things dramatic.

    "Tom is going to be auctioned!" she blurted out in a haste, eyes widened and the hold on my hand tightens.

    "....yea? And so what?"