Chapter Twelve - Blushing

"Janna, wake up."

I grunt, trying to cover my body completely with my duvet. I feel something poke on my sides and I flinch, knowing that I was ticklish on that side.

"We're going to be late," it followed up, then my duvet gets snatched from me and I'm left with my bare skin out in cold.

"I'm going to kiss you," it taunts and I hiss, standing right-up with my eyes half closed, trying to glare at the person.

"I'm up," I grumbled, rubbing my eyes out of sleepiness. I stretched my arms and yawned, squinting as I try to made out the time on the digital clock. "--I would rather not be kissed by the likes of you."

He pouted, crossing his arms. "Why?"

"Because you're a germ," I screech. "--a bacteria I tell you. You're that 1% germ that hasn't been killed."

He walks over and opens the windows, letting sunlight seep into my room. He ties my curtain and glances at me with a smile. Tch. Morning person. "Get up, we still have a lot to do this day."

"Go," I motion him to the door with my hands. "--I'll be fixing my room."

He gives me one last unsure glance before closing the door behind him and I sigh, lying back on my bed. This is better. Can I just skip today?

. . .

"Where are we going?" I groan, walking slowly just to try and piss him off, but he instead tries to be the good guy he is and walks with my pace.

"To Marco's house," he responded with a smile.

I arched a brow, looking at him for answers but he just smiles, not bothering to clear things out for me. I just let out a sigh as Tom knocks on the door and a second later it bursts open, revealing Angie.

"I see you've brought your boyfriend, Janna," Angie teases, eyeing Tom from top to bottom with an approving look.

She props a hand under her chin and grins. "You got good tastes, Janna. Didn't know you'd be interested."

I flush red, seeing Tom smiling sheepishly with his cheeks and ears tint red. I speak up, slightly stuttering. "H-he's not my boyfriend! He's my pet!"

"A pet?" Angie repeats. "--are you role-playing?"

I sigh, letting my blush calm down as Tom chuckles. "I mean he's always following me. He might as well be my pet."

Tom looks down to glance at me. I raised a brow, seeing his mischievous smile. "Am I being a good pet?"

I frown, crossing my arms. "I hate to say this, but you're totally suited to be a pet."

"Can I get a reward for being a good pet, then?" he inquired, eyeing me intently. I tilt my head, insisting he gets specific or I'll never understand.

"You know..like what you do to pets," he attempts to give me clues, being subtle as he was yet I will never understand.

I've never had a pet nor will I be interested in. He's more of a flea than a pet though, but that doesn't change that he's always gonna be with me. "You pat them in the head," he says more clearly and softly, eyeing me with hesitance.

He lowers his head, low enough for me to get ahold and touch. I hesitate but gave in since I knew he'll never give up. I raise my arms and reluctantly place my hands on his hair.