Chapter Thirty-Nine : Kiss

     (Short chapter)

        "How did it go?"

   "Great, thanks to you."

   I flashed him a sickly sweet smile, dripping with every ounce of sarcasm I could ever muster.  Oskar raised a brow, looking intently at me.

   "Are you being sarcastic right now?"

   "It's that obvious?" I retorted, slamming the books on the desk too harshly that it created a loud thud. Oops, too loud in that matter.

        "I was right. You are sarcastic."

  "So, did things went wrong?" he laid back freely own his seat, placing his arms under his head as cushion. "--did Tom reject you or---"

    I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why would Tom reject me? Did you expect me to confess non existent feelings to him?"

     "I thought you did."

   "Well you're wrong," I grumbled, looking away. "--in fact, this is all your fault."

   "My fault?" he murmured under his breath, eyeing me. "---for what? Bringing you both together?"

    "It's exactly your fault," I glared at him. "--saying such unnecessary things. You only not made things awkward between us, but I also had to found that he.."

   I cleared my throat. "Anyway, this is your fault."

    "Oh I see," he flashed me his lazy grin. "---so it's my fault? Well, I guess it is."

   "You admit it?"

   "Of course. I mean I started this plan after all."

   He stops, then realizes the slip of his tongue. I smirked threatening as I neared close to him with my knuckles clenched close. "Did you say plan? Care to elaborate?"

    "It's nothing. Plan! I mean the plan for the festival bo--- ow! Ow! Stop! Please!"

     "Fine! I'll tell you!" he cried, lightly patting my hand to let go of his arm. "---I'm getting battered every time I see you, I swear."

He looks at me wearily. "Don't hit me. Promise?"

   "I will hit you."

   He sighs, resigning to his fate as he peered an eye open. "I knew that Tom had a crush on you this whole time. It was so crazy obvious that guy was over the heels for you."

    "And so?"

  "Since you appreciated my music and didn't see me as a failure," he trails off, flashing a faint smile. "--I decided I might as well lend a hand."

    "So I decided to act as the villain."

   "Villain? How?" I murmured to him in confusion.

   "I acted like I had a crush on you," he winks. The nerve. "--because I knew it provoked Tom and it did."

     "The plan was going too well," he stares up the ceiling. "--but then you two had a fall-out. I didn't expect that. So, as the final blow...."