Chapter Seventy-Six : Couple

Chapter Seventy Six- Couple

   “Morning Janna,” Tom chimed in as he stood leaning by the frame of the front porch, hands shoved up his pockets and his hair slightly damp from the cold water.

   “Yo,” I approached him, pulling the scarf around my neck tighter. The temperature especially at early morning drops low and a little colder would’ve made my teeth chatter.

  “You cold?” he inquired, eyeing me a glance as I blew my frozen palms towards my mouth, letting out frosted air.

“Hmm.”

 I prefer cold over hot and I can withstand the chilly weather, however, I was too tired and sensitive today.

“Give me your hand,” he offers, extending his hand to me.

I snort, adding a nasal tone. “Aww you’re so sweet.”

He cocked a brow in amusement, a smile urging the corners of his lips. “I don’t appreciate your sarcasm early in the morning, Janna.”

“Now gimme,” he impatiently shakes his hand for me to take. I pretended to be annoyed and rolled my eyes, but a shit eating grin was visible on my lips.

“So demanding,” I teased, slipping my hand on his casually. Our fingers brushed and his was so warm that my chilled hands felt comfort. Our hands intertwine, locking every finger and he squeezes it.

“So have you bought any gifts?” 

“Not yet,” I replied, fixating my gaze to the isolated streets that was yet to be boisterous by around 7 am.

“Do you want me to come with you?” he suggested as we took a turn to the right, watching the traffic lights turn red and cars which I could count with my fingers, stopped.

“No thank you,” I politely dismissed his offer. I’ll be buying everyone’s gifts—especially his and it won’t be a surprise if he comes with me, right?

 I might brace myself since there’s a high possibility I would be broke on Christmas with only a couple bucks left on my wallet. Gifts aren’t cheap, you know? And I have no idea where to start or what to give to them. 

But hey. It’s the thought that counts. Beggars can’t be choosers….unless you’re a Karen or Choosing Beggar.

I heaved a sigh, feeling my entirety age ten years more. My back hunched as response and Tom notices this.

“Oh cheer up Janna,” he flashed me a small smile. “—you’ll surely pick a gift that they’d like.”

“How bout you?” I eyed him. “—did you already buy presents?”

“A week ago.”

“Drat.”

“When it comes to these occasions, you should always prepare beforehand,” he props a finger mid-air, acting like some professor who’s lecturing me.

“I get it Mr. Lucitor,” I purposely called him that way to irk him off. He hates it when I call him like that.

He scrunches his nose at me. “I told you not to call me that way.”

“You have fallen right under my trap,” I cheekily remarked, bumping my shoulders with his sides.

  Me and Tom have been officially dating for about a week now. To be frank, it’s nothing like what I see on those cheesy teen fiction romances. For me, Tom and I are acting just like how we used to, albeit he’s a bit more showy and affectionate now that I’m his….you know…..it’s kinda embarrassing to say it out loud.