Chapter Forty Two : Childish

"Uhm, Janna?"

I paused, hearing an unknown voice called me. I turned around and my eyes scanned her from head to toe. As far as I remember, she's the class representative in this class. Funny how I don't know her.

Well, would someone like me ever bother? Then again, it wouldn't have hurted to at least remember their names.

It's really random of me to say, but she has alluring ocean blue eyes, and if you could look a little closer, it'd remind you of the waves crashing. Not to mention her highlights on her wavy hair made her eyes pop.

"Yeah?"

She flashed me a smile, and I was quite surprised it wasn't hostile or forced. It seemed...genuine. And it's terrifying.

"Can I get your measurements? For your costume," she clarified, and I finally noticed and understood why she had a measurement dangling at her fingertips.

"Sure," I replied, quite uncertain but nevertheless agreed and she nods, acknowledging my response while she heads close and stretches her measuring tape.

"Can you lift your arms up?"

I followed and she wraps the tape around my chest. "I'm really thankful you agreed, Janna."

"Huh, I mean do I really have any choice?" I calmly answered, then she removes the measuring tape from me and bent forward, scribbling on the pad of paper.

"Well, I'm sorry about that too," she says apologetically, flashing me a small smile.

"You don't need to be sorry. It's Star's fault after all, making that suggestion."

"I see," then she proceeds to repeat the same process, measuring my arms, waist and hips.

I stood there feeling a bit uneasy. Maybe I was tensed. Who was I kidding? I wasn't comfortable talking to some stranger, especially someone I've been in the same class yet I've never bothered to care.

"You know Janna, I'm surprised about you."

I breathed. "About what?"

She stops, then stood up from her crouched state and faces me eye to eye. I didn't know what to say. How to respond.

Was she going to threaten me? Another one of Tom's fans? Oh please, give me a break. I never asked any of this.

"That you're actually a chill person," she grinned.

I blinked, finally sinking in the words she just said to me. For a second I thought she was going to tell me that she wants me to stay away or something you read on the novels. Trust me, I don't read those sappy books, but Star occasionally talks to me about some fictional characters.

It's kind of annoying, but maybe I'll understand if I was somehow like her. Feminine.

"Me? Chill? You've got the wrong person," I smile in disbelief, still maintaining my politeness all the while trying to restrain my sarcastic tongue from getting the best of me.

Trust me. I'm far from being chill right now.

"Well, I'm pretty sure Tom influenced you somehow," she tucked a hair behind her ear, still maintaining that smile. Is that smile of hers genuine or is she that amazing at acting she can keep herself from being a bitch?

I could just imagine meeting her by the cubicle all alone and she'd threaten me, making her fake, sweet persona slip away. Then again, that makes me judgemental. It's ironic, having being judged by others and judging others now too? How sweet.