Chapter Sixty-Five Pt2 : I don't

Here's the second part.

“Cute guy here we go!” Kelly
screeched on top of her lungs with enthusiasm, her eyes twinkling like a detecting radar.

  I scoffed, ignoring her as we crossed the street with Trixy and Tommy following while not murmuring a single word. Kelly could learn a thing or two about being quiet.

  “I’ll knock!” Kelly offered, a wide Cheshire grin plastered on her lips. Then with her fingers curled into a fist she knocked on the cold wooden door.

  I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a bit anxious. It’s kinda awkward when we just sat together awhile ago and now I’m here having to be with him again. With a deep, shaky breath I composed myself again, trying to mask my emotions with a blank outlook.

  Not even a second later the door opens---revealing Tom who stood on the other side of the door confused. I looked away, diverting my attention to the overgrown lawn.

   “Hi!"

   “Uhm, hello,” Tom murmured, unsure as he probably glanced at Kelly who was a stranger to him, standing in front of his own home at night.

   “Hey Janna, are you okay?” I felt someone tug at my jogging pants, then I looked down to find Trixy glancing at me in concern and confusion. “---is this the person who hurted you?”

  “No,” I hushed her in a harsh silence. “—no one hurt me okay?”

  “But you seem afraid of him.”

“No, no. I’m just cold.”

  “Hmmm. Okay Janna."
Then she finally gave in.

“Uhm, hi Janna,” he piped up, unsure what to say next.

I was forced up to look at him, then gave him a tight smile. “Hi.”

“Okayyyy,” Kelly trailed off, looking back and forth with an observant look. “—well just catch up okay Tom?”

    “I will. Thanks.”

Then we walked back home. Kelly nudged me, obviously curious what that tense atmosphere was all about. She leant forward in front of my face as she eyed me like a hawk with  its prey. “Hey Janna, did something happen between you and that guy?”

“No.”

“Don’t tell me-----!!” she let an audible gasp. “—did you guys dated then broke up?!”

“No!” I screamed at her.

She clearly didn’t listen, letting my word pass through her ears. “You got pregnant by him and then had a miscarria----“

“OWWWWWIEEEEEE!”

“Tch. Drama queen,” I rolled my eyes. I didn’t even hit her that hard. It was just a light smack.

Tommy giggled, obviously amused by our conversation. Trixy tilted her head. “What’s a misccaria?”

   “You’re too young to learn that, Trixy,” Kelly smiled, patting down Trixy’s ruffled hair.

   “Ehhh! So unfair.”

  “Yeah! I want to learn it too!”
Tommy argued, stomping his feet like a spoiled child who wasn’t bought his favourite toy at the mall. “---it’s unfair how you guys always exclude us kids! We can be like adults too!”

“Yeah!”

“It’s nothing important,” I assured them, opening the door of my own home. “---come on. Let’s go in. Everybody is waiting.”

Trixy and Tommie wasn’t comforted at all but couldn’t fight off since the smell of food—which they love wafted their nostrils and immediately forgot about it, running off to the kitchen without even taking off their shoes.