Chapter Sixty-Nine : Be Mine

Finale Left🌼

        "What are you saying to my boyfriend, Janna?"

      Boyfriend?

     It felt like the world just stepped on me like I was rubbish lying on the ground. I somehow forgot how to breathe with my chest constricted and my mouth heaving.

     I knew it. I smile bitterly while I felt my heart shattered into pieces. It was all...worthless. After bringing up the courage to say what I felt...I still looked like a fool.

      With my heart aching I ran. My feet bolted off without me realizing what I was doing at all. I pushed aside people who crowded the scene that murmured in harsh whispers and small chuckles of laughter, ridiculing me. I deserved it. I was a fool.

       I blinked countless of times, trying to restrain the tears from trickling down my eyes, from letting myself cry over some guy. I wouldn't ever cry about something as small as that, no matter how my heart wrench and my eyes threatens to squeeze out tears.

    The world felt numb and deafening whilst I ran towards the halls, my skirt rilled upwards and my beanie falls off in the process, letting my hair swerved around the wind. I couldn't and didn't have any time to pick the beanie since I knew he was following me.

     My throat feels parched and my lungs tries to squeeze at least some air in me whilst my head was covered in sweat. I wasn't sure where I was headed or where I wanted to hide.

   I just wanted to be away from him. To avoid his face or how'd he'd look at me in pity. How late I was in admitting how I felt; how I wasn't brave enough to tell him from the start.

           Shit. I mentally cursed with my entire mind when I found myself running towards the school's garden--the garden that's supposed to be my comfort, became my demise. I couldn't hide anymore, I couldn't run anymore. I was tired and my legs were wobbling, threatening to give up.

    I was trapped in this enclosed space with him. In the same darn place where I shared so many memories with him. As I neared towards the school's garden, so was his footsteps nearing close.

  It wouldn't take him much time to catch up since I wasn't as athletic and fast in running like average people. My pace gradually slows down until I was barely running, just walking up the fields with my hands dejectedly slung to the sides.

   Then I thought, "It doesn't matter anymore."

      I stopped walking, planting my feet firmly on the middle of the fields, the harsh wind slapping through my cheeks and making my hair get tangled along with it. I didn't want to care anymore.

          Then his footsteps followed, making a noise with the leaves he stepped on, gradually coming close while I braced myself for a painful confrontation.

          "Janna."

       It made my heart slightly race when he called my name again or how my name rolled off his tongue like honey.  It's been awhile. A painful, excrutiating  one. I clutch to my sleeves, leaving a wrinkled mark for I didn't know what to hold onto.

      Then his footsteps stopped just inches from me. I couldn't see his face or see what he would look at the moment, but I'd rather not see it with my own eyes.

          "What?" I coldly replied.

  "I...I don't know what to say."

     I could hear in his strained voice the frustration and raw emotions beneath it.