Chapter Fifty-Six : Rejection

  (This is just a side-chapter and this is what happened during the school festival. Since we reached 8k reads I updated ASAP!) Thank you guys ♥️

Props to : ToeTrixy Thank you for your feedback! Yes, I do agree the side characters need to have more depth to them :).

Thank you to :  AlexisTheFangirl23 and Raning_Starrz for also giving me their feedback! I appreciate it ♥️

I was also supposed to write this chapter after "Marco and Me" but I scrapped it.

(Star)

    "Marco!" I beamed, glancing at the kid who neared closer with his hair swerving in all sorts of directions and a hand waved towards us.

   Then an idea came into my mind. I think I'm a genius! That's right. I grinned mischievously, darting a glance at Janna and Tom to which Janna stared at me with what seemed she knew.

     If I leave the two alone, then they could get some "quality time"---which I hope that something cute happens and maybe something more. I silently  squeal to the back of my mind.

    "Well, I'll see you guys later!" I chirped, taking the first few steps with a bright leap whilst I look at Janna gritting her teeth in exasperation and my eyes shift to Tom.

    I winked at him and he smiles, nodding. "See ya later! And Janna, meet you back at the class by 5!"

      I sprint to where Marco is and he stops, looking at me in confusion with his lips pursed in a thin line. I arrive in front of him, slightly out of breath. Before he could mutter anything, I wrapped my hands around his arm and tugged him away from the love birds.

  When we're far away from where they both stood, Marco speaks out.

    "I see what you're doing," he murmurs,  not minding how I'm literally just dragging him off. "---very clever I say, Star."

   I cheekily grin, reverting my eyes to him. "Well, thank you."

    He looks at me for a while, then his cheeks flushed pink. I tilt my head. Is he feeling hot? Dehydrated? It's especially hot today and the forecast said it would be hotter than usual. I paused from our steps, then removed my hand that was interlock with his arm.

  I mused, glancing at him in concern. Without any further thought, I lift my hand and proceed to place it on his temple with the back of my palm. His cheeks seemed to turn even more red.

   "Are you sick?" I questioned in concern.

    He closes his eyes for a split second, trying to compose himself, then he flickers them open with eyes gazing not at me. He murmurs in a soft tone. "You're too close."

   "Oh I'm sorry!" I frantically hollered, removing my hand from his temple and staggered a step back, my cheeks slightly flushed. He was right. Our faces were so close I could faintly feel his breath on me ---not that it's cool since that's carbon monoxide, but still. It's really my fault for being so spaced out.

    I chuckle nervously, placing my hands down to the hem of my skirt and playing with it, twirling it over with my fingers. "Sorry. I thought you had a heat stroke or something. Plus, I never really had a sibling--let alone a little brother, so I just had this sense of obligation to worry."

  Marco only stares at me. Maybe I'm totally creeping him out or maybe I said something wrong. Whatever it was, his eyes showed dismayed on it. His lips slightly twitch into a purse but was immediately  replace with a slight smile. "Thanks."