Chapter Twenty- Special

Author's Note : I can't tell you guys how I'm so excited to write this book because the romance is finally going to start.

And we're nearing 2k reads! I'll update once that happens!

I finally stood up from cradling myself on the toilet seat and frankly, my legs were wobbling and turning numb.

I almost tumbled from my stance when Tom's hands swiftly grabbed ahold of my underarm and held me. I got a glimpse of his face and I turn red, pushing his hands away and tried to calm down my frizzy hair.

I opened the cubicle and all cool air came whipping through my face since being inside the cubicle for too long was hot.

Star glance at us and she suddenly started to cry. I panicked, not knowing what to do.

"Star...why are you crying?" I asked, my voice sounded stuffed.

"Because you were crying!" she wailed, trying to wipe her tears. "-and because I was such a horrible friend to you."

"How can you say that?"

She glances at me and sniffs. "Because I let you handle it all by yourself. I should've persisted more."

"And because of me, you're crying," her lips quivered and she looked like a wet rag.

I felt someone lightly nudge me from the side. I whirled my head and was met with Tom's smile. He nodded, without saying anything and I nod, understanding what he meant.

I've never hugged a person before-besides Tom and I didn't know if I could bear it. But I knew that this was the best course of action and I wrapped my arms around her as I jolt back when she threw her arms at me, hugging me tightly.

I stood there stiff as my mind went completely. I've never comforted someone and I'm not sure if what I'm doing was right at all. I remembered how Tom's hand brushed through my hair gently and so I did that, making my cheeks flushed.

Star continues to wail as she buried her face on my shoulder and the sweater Tom lent sure became soaking wet. Star finally calms down after a while and pulls out of the hug with her face swollen.

"I swear Janna I'll find the culprit and kick their ass," she said at me with intensity and I didn't know what I was doing but I chuckled.

I immediately realized what I was doing and clamped my mouth shut. Star blinks at me for a while and then laughs, wiping her tears away. "I sounded stupid, didn't I? I mean I can't probably kick their ass but I have back-up?"

I remembered exactly what Tom told me. You deserve to be happy. You don't need to be miserable for others. And he was right. Because I took Star's hand and squeezed it, earning her a small smile. "Thanks for caring, Star."

I wasn't the perfect person and I wasn't going to change immediately, but I was going to start slow but surely. I'm not going to push people who understand me and I'll slowly accept them for accepting me.

. . .

After we parted ways with Star, we were finally heading home and it was awkward. It was silent on the way and none of us could ever mutter a thing.