Chapter Fourteen- Nurse Me, Boy

Disclaimer : This is a filler chapter. This is a chapter dedicated to people who want Jantom moments. So squeal as much as you can :)

Also, this chapter isn't written with over the top details so it's straight to the point and much easier to read.

(Tom)

"Good morning, Mrs. Ordonia," I smile, greeting Janna's mother as she smiles back, opening the door enough for me to enter.

She looks at me hesitant, as if she's got something to say. "Uhm, Tom. Do you mind watching over Janna?"

I shake my head, grinning. "Though, I bet Janna would mind."

Mrs. Ordonia smiles with concern plastered on her face. She proceeds to scratch the nape of her neck. "Janna's got a fever. Apparently, she was doused with rain last night."

"As much as I want to watch over her, I've got a job and I'm not allowed to take a day off," Mrs. Ordonia eyed me apologetic. "--so can you watch her for just  a few hours? Oh, and feel free to help yourself to the soup on the pot."

I nod. "If it's Janna, then I'd do anything."

Mrs. Ordonia's face breaks into a teasing smile. She nudges me slightly with a look on her  face. "Plus points for me, boy."

She heads towards the door, her heels clacking with the floor, but not before she stops and gives me one last remainder. "I almost forgot; Janna gets clingy when she's sick. So if she's acting weird or out of her way, then it's probably the effects of the medicine."

I tilt my head, trying to understand what she's saying but I'm left with no choice as Mrs. Ordonia closes the door and leaves me alone on the living room.

I heave a sigh. So it's just me and Janna? Somehow that makes me anxious. I mean even if we're friends, I'm still a guy and she's a girl.

Argh!! Nothing's going to happen. What's wrong with you, Tom? She's vulnerable and sick right now! No time to think about weird things.

I slapped my face, trying to control myself. Once I calmed myself, I headed up the stairs seeing Janna's room on the corner.

Like the interiors of her room, her door was pitch black with a skull and a sign board that said. 'No visitors'. I smile as I see the sign she wrote. It's probably because of me.

I stare at her door for the longest time, suddenly finding myself reluctant to open the door. What if she's changing clothes? What if I caught her in a bad time?

I shake my head, trying to pry my thoughts away and take one long breath before twisting the door open.

My eyes roamed around the interiors of her room and to Janna. She was lying in bed fast asleep. I let out a sigh of relief, making my way close to her.

Her windows were shut close and I decided to open them since it would help. I pull out a chair from Janna's desk and sat myself beside her.

Janna looks so peaceful right now. Her face was red and her nose looked stuffy. A sweat ran down her forehead and I brought my hand to her temple, feeling her hot temperature burn through my palm.