Chapter Twenty-One - MadMan

Dedicated to : nicecupcake

He lifted his head from the crook of my shoulder and eyed me. His ruby eyes were glimmering and filled with so many emotions that one could never unfold.

His lips twitch onto a small smile. "Really?"

"Tom," I replied, feeling his heavy weight start to overwhelm me. "--can you stop leaning on me? I'll fall."

He broke into a hearty chuckle, his laughter felt like sweet melody that ringed my ears. He grinned. "Is that a declaration of attraction to me, Janna?"

I blinked at him, wondering what he meant. I didn't say anything of the sort.  Then my mind racked over and I flushed, seeing as he grinned wider.

By this time, I pushed him away, letting his body wobble like a drunk man. I clicked my tongue. He deserves that. "You're really atrocious when you're tipsy, aren't you?"

He smiled lazily, his eyes half-closed. "Maybe."

Then he flickered them open and I could see his long lashes bat under his eyes. "So do you like me, Janna? I won't  get mad, in fact I'll be very happy."

I rolled my eyes. I didn't know Tom was this blunt and cocky when he's tipsy. It's clearly rubbing me off the wrong way when he's getting all touchy feeling and that just makes me wanna throw a punch, you know?

He neared close and I took a step back, my eyes never leaving his. He stopped altogether and stared at me with a small smile. "You know what's my worst fear?"

I huffed, crossing my arms. "What?"

"You being with another guy," his jaw clenched. "--I don't want to see that. If I did, I can't guarantee I won't punch him."

"Can you even go home?" I shifted the subject.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, then peeked an eye open. "I'll probably manage."

"Good," and I turned my heel on him, opening the front door and slammed the door behind me with him standing on the front porch.

. . .

"Hey, Janna," Tom murmured, looking at anywhere but me as his eyes cast on his shoes.

I sighed, clutching on the straps of my bag. "You're normal now, right?"

His eyes flung to my direction and then looked away timidly. "Yeah."

"Remind me never to see you tipsy," I groaned and started walking along the side of road.

Tom followed pursuit, his steps a bit more slowed down compared to mine. "I'm really embarrassed."

"What?"

"I'm embarrassed," he repeats, enounciating as if I was a toddler. "--I kinda showed you the side of mine that you weren't supposed to see."

I cocked a brow. "You mean being shameless?"

"And clingy," he groaned.

"That too," I sourly chuckled. "--I thought your brain got haywire for a second back then."

He stops in his steps and I abruptly stop, turning around so that I could see him. He carefully looked at me, a weary expression on his face. "You're not mad?"