Chapter 70.5 : Janna

Chapter Seventy Point Five :  Janna

I'm back.....It's been almost two months.  Where did I go? I was making  a visual novel, which I placed on hold at the moment.

   This will be a very short chapter since I haven't written in a while and I forgot how to write already.

    "Are they dating?"

   "Didn't she got rejected in front of everyone?"

      "Hannah said it herself right? That Tom is her boyfriend. Then why......."

     "What are you nervous about?" Tom murmurs under his breath, eyeing me gently with those alluring ruby eyes of his.

      I only looked at him and didn't say a word. We kept on walking down the hallways with countless pairs of eyes darting interested gazes at us like we're  a hot topic.

      Get a life people. Well first of all, I'm the legal girlfriend here. Second, tone your voices down if you don't want me to hear because I can clearly hear it within a radius. Third, as much as  I'm happy, this is still awkward for me.

   It doesn't help that he's holding my hand right now and he's clenching it tightly so I won't slip my hands off.

    Ugh.  Am I in a cheesy romcom story right now? Do we really have to hold hands in public? I'd be a hypocrite with all those snarky remarks I've made about how couples were disgusting and their PDA, while here I am, displaying the same thing I swore to hate.

   Great Janna. How about you just clamp your mouth shut.

   "You're really enjoying this aren't you?" I grumble under my breath, quite embarrassed that we've gained traction with people murmuring and darting not so discreet gazes at us.

          A smile reaches the corner of his lips. He looks down at me and grins to the point his eyes shrink. "Who wouldn't be?"

     I lightly nudged him by the side. "You're such a dog."

   . . .

       "It's really almost Christmas isn't it?" I absent-mindedly muttered under my breath, straining my head to the cloudy skies turning into a hue of orange and pink.

    It looks like it came out of a painting.

    "Sure is. It's even colder than yesterday, what's more if it's  at night?" Tom responded, shoving his hands underneath the pocket of  his jeans.

     "You think your father will like me Janna?"

     He sheepishly asks, his tone wary and filled with uncertainty.  He quickly adds, fumbling his words.

   "I--uh mean, I mean--that I, I--"

   He sighs, composing himself.  "I'm not forcing you to tell our relationship right now because it just happened...but, when the day comes..."

    "---do you think he'll accept us? Or should I change my approach? Am I too friendly? Annoying? Should I---"

    "Idiot," I glanced at him. "---you're fine just the way you are. If anything, you being a pest is a charming trait."

      He stares at me for a moment,  trying to sink in the words I've uttered. Then he smiles, bursting in a small chuckle.

        "You still think I'm a pest? Even after all we've been through?" he teasingly remarks, slightly leaning his body to mine.

    I shoved him off, snickering under my breath in amusement.  "Don't get too cocky Lucitor. You just levelled up. Maybe not as annoying  as a pest but still..."

   "And why are you even worrying about that?" I cocked  a brow.

     "If anything,  it's me who should be worried. I'm not suited for you. I'm completely vile and brash in comparison to you," I mumbled, clamping both of my hands as an attempt to warm it.

      "You'd be better off with a nice, charming girl than me you know? You have such awful tastes."

      "Hey!" he pouts. "---that's not true. You're acting as if I'm a catch or something. "

    "Because you are," I pointed out.

    "You're hopeless," he shakes his head, then he lifts a hand and snakes it around my shoulder.

      "Let go!" I scowl. "---people are watching---especially children."

   "We're not doing anything bad," he innocently replied.

     "Well I don't want to be that disgusting couple displaying affection in public," I scrunched my nose in distaste.

    He only laughs at my remark and we head home.

I'll be back with a much much longer chapter!