Chapter Thirteen - Ride

Disclaimer : I don't know anything about jobs or their shifts and system since I've never had a part-time job before. Actually, it's not allowed in our country I think if you're a minor.

I finally got a job.

I tried my luck at the library, and it seems they were short-handed. I immediately got the job and was handed my shift schedule. I personally thought I'd get rejected, but here I was, starting my shift.

My shift would consist from Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. It's alright and the pay would be enough for me to hoard new cult items.

I could finally buy that creepy mannequin or that expensive book about cult and different legends. It would make my horror fanatic heart happy.

The library wasn't jam-pack since majority of people would rather spend their weekends going on dates or somewhere better than the library. I mean some people aren't even interested in reading books.

The people that were currently in the library was children doing their homework, elderly people and some nerds--I mean I'm stereotyping but they truly are. It was peaceful and nice, finally away from a certain person.

I let out a sigh, propping a hand beneath my chin as I stare lazily by the people occupied in their books. Some were pacing back and forth, looking around the different shelves and some were even sleeping. Why are you even sleeping in the library?

"Hi," I flinch when I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around and was met with a guy who seems to be in the same age as me.

He had smooth locks of hazel hair that covered half of his eyes; he had sparkling blue eyes that captivates you by just one glance, long lashes that complimented his alluring eyes and a charming smile to add to it.

He extends his hand, smiling as he spoke. "I'm Oskar Greason."

I nod, taking his hand and shaking it without any further thought. "I'm Janna Ordonia."

His eyes flashed something, as if he was reminded of something. Then he glanced at me and looked hesitant---rather, skeptical about what he was about to say. "You're the rumoured ...witch, aren't you?"

I nod once again, this time nonchalantly. I mean I knew people thought of me as a witch and I wasn't going to fuss over it. As much as I'd like to say that I was a paranormal fanatic, not a cursing witch----was an understatement.

"Cool."

I looked at him in disbelief. He gets all fidgety about asking me the darn question and he just says cool, as if I'm the nervous one?

He sees my messed up expression and he let out a lazy grin, finally removing his hand from mine, letting it rest on his sides. "I mean I've heard rumors about you. It's cool, I mean do whatever you want."

I didn't reply--rather I didn't know what to say. He looked so chill, like he's just going with the flow. It seems nice for people like him to act like that. You don't care about what other people say about you. You're just there, just..idling.

"I mean my ma always say I'm the black sheep of the family because I spend all my time playing the keyboard instead of being an honour student like my bro," he starts up without me even asking. "---it's tiring ya know? Being judged and shunned for what you want to do."