Chapter Forty-Eight : My Heart Pounds Fast

We're nearing the climax of the story.
ಠ ͜ʖ ಠ

Chapter Forty-Eight : My Heart Pounds Fast

        "Did you already contacted the pastry shop?"

    "We need paper plates guys!"

   "Can anyone sing or perform before the auction?"

    "Where are the black curtains?!"

   "Are everyone's costume complete?"

  "Everyone sure is busy," a voice chimes in from beside me, a water bottle in their free hand.

     I nod, staring at the chaotic scenario in front of me. It makes me feel like even standing still is a crime. Tomorrow was the school festival anyway, so I understand why they're going back and forth.

       "Are you excited for tomorrow?" Star faces me, a smile etched on her lips.

        I huffed, crossing my arms. "No. I'm pretty sure no one would come onto my booth. If anything, I'm sure the attention would be towards the guy auction and cafe with pretty girls in their maid outfits."

    "Janna," Star stared at me, like I was so weird I lost myself. "---you mean to tell me..that you want attention too?"

     "No!" I immediately defended myself, a small blush tinted my cheeks. I didn't mean it that way..I mean not to say the least.

    It's just that it would be a waste. For Leila and May to sew the clothes I was going to wear, for everyone to make the props on my small booth and for keeping their expectations. Ugh, what's wrong with me?

    Since when did I care about other people anyway?

   Star chuckles, enjoying my blunder. "It's not bad to admit it, Janna."

    "Easy for you to say," I snort.

   "Well, I'm excited tomorrow," she replied, tucking a hair behind her ear. "---I'd be this cute maid girl with adorable costume."

     "Am I even surprised?" I murmured, casting a side-glance at her. "---you're pretty, so anything---even rubbish would look good on you."

    "Janna," she playfully slaps my shoulder, making me take a step back. "---I'm not that pretty."

    I smirked sarcastically eyeing her from head to toe. "Stop being so humble. Just admit it. I even saw that locker of yours had a love letter or two."

  Star's face turned red, a hint of scowl on her lips. "Hey! You weren't supposed to see that!"

   "So?" I raised a brow. "---did you reply to any of their confessions?"

    She sighs, running a finger down her curled up locks. "I haven't...yet. I mean I'm just not sure if I want a relationship right now."

    I clicked my tongue. "Well, that's up to you. But I'm pretty sure if you get together with one of them, a little birdie would be sad."

    Her brows perked up in slight interest. "Who would be?"

    My lips stretched into a small, teasing smile, kicking my legs from the seat and heaved a short tone. "It's for me to know, and for you to find out."