Chapter Sixty 5.2

this was supposed to be uploaded before chapters Sixty Six and Seven but I got lazy.

Also, happy 11k reads! Thank you♥️

Oskar wasn't sure how to face his own parents. He doesn't even know if he still has a house to live in or if he's going to get kicked out with his luggage now waiting in the front porch.

     Oskar admits he was scared; he had never acted so irrational in front of his mother and had never voiced out his own thoughts. To him, his feelings wouldn't matter anyway. He always kept them bottled up to the pits of his heart until he was going to get tired of it.

        He thought that if he pretended he was giddy and fine the entire day, he'd be calmer and collected then he could face his own parents without fear; but he was wrong. He was even more afraid.

        So Oskar decided to hang out at the park to cool his head off and at least ignore the growing issue for just a split second. He'd have to think of what excuse to say, what to do or what his plans were in case he was a goner. It might be even horrible there. They might be screaming at this instant and it might go physical.

      Oskar wistfully thought whilst he pushed himself on the swing and swung back and forth with a glazed look on his eyes. He could feel the cold November grazing his skin and made him slightly shudder. He was already sweating and his palms were damp from just the wrecking anxiety he felt.

        Then there was Jackie Lynn Thomas, walking from school to her house as she had an earphone tucked to her right ear. She went home late since she had cleaning duty and some duties as the class president. Being a class president meant a lot of responsibilities and she was tired from being relied and so forth.

     Everyone would always come to her expecting that she would have an answer ready for them---like she had everything at her own hands. It sometimes irked her off; some wouldn't even try to fix their problems and would just rely for her to do the job.

       She paused, then her eyes heavily fixated on the park. There was someone sitting on the swing---rather it is someone she knew. Not exactly. He didn't know her. But she did.

       She swallowed the lump on he throat, her hands now tightly clutched on the straps of her bag. She even removed the earphone that tucked her ears whilst the music was in playback.

      "This is my chance," she thought to herself whilst she hesitated in where she stood. Oskar didn't even noticed that someone was staring intently at him. He only thought about himself and nothing else.

      Jackie bit her lip indecisively. She was going to prance around next if she didn't make her own decisions.

     "Screw everything," Jackie decided and with that she strutted in the park with her feet clacking against the ground with her stance rigid and in a marched movement.

       "Uhm, hi."

    Jackie anxiously called out for him---but he seemed to be out somewhere for he didn't hear her. She was standing in front of him, blocking the light source and his field of vision yet he couldn't see her.

       Jackie slightly tilted her head, wondering if he was purposely trying to not see her or if he was so dazed out. For precautionary measures Jackie tapped on his shoulders lightly. It seemed to do the trick for Oskar blinked, then gradually grew confused as to why there was a girl standing in front of him.

    He trailed his eyes to her uniform and she was in the same school as him---probably even in the same grade. Jackie smiled anxiously, her hand retracting to her sides.

      "Are you okay?"

      Oskar smiled tiredly. "Yeah. Uhm, do you know me?"

      Jackie grew flustered. She answered. "Yes. You're Oskar Greason of Class 1-C."

    "Uhm, I'm sorry," Oskar flashed a small, sorry smile. "---I don't know your name. Have we met?"

        "Oh no. Actually, this is the first we've talked," Jackie explained herself whilst her free hand patted down swerving locks of hair.

     "I see," Oskar briefly replied, not knowing what to say. He had never or maybe he had seen her but he forgot.

       He felt awkward being alone with her. He doesn't know her and she doesn't say anything but stood still in front of him.

    "Want to sit?" Oskar offered the empty swing beside him. He thought that maybe she was waiting for him to offer her the empty space although it wasn't necessary.

     Jackie smiled. She nod, murmuring a thank you before she occupied the swing beside him whilst she grasped the ropes with her fingertips. It reminded her of childhood memories, of how she'd stood up while swinging herself back and forth with a rush of thriller and blood coursing her veins.

     "What brings you here, Oskar?" Jackie brought up the topic since she was also curious and wanted to seize the moment now that she had one. She stared at her skirt to her shoes which were stepping on pebbles.

           "Just wanted some fresh air. How about you?" Oskar glanced at her, although reluctantly. He noticed she was smiling sheepishly with her lips slightly curved into a sweet smile.

           He looked away without ever knowing why.

      "I thought it looked lonely seeing you all alone," she murmured. Then her cheeks slightly flushed when she uttered those words. Somehow, it rolled off her tongue naturally.

    "Uhm, thanks."

      "Uhm, Oskar," Jackie gripped on the ropes of the swing, her hair slightly dropping to the blades of her shoulders. "---I saw your performance at the festival. I was so moved by it. You were amazing."

Oskar stared at her, emotions coursing through his thoughts and heart. He was happy that someone else noticed him with his skills and talent as a perfomer.

      "I-I gotta go!" Jackie hurriedly muttered, shuffling herself off the swing with her cheeks red and her hands fidgeting in place.

     Good grief Jackie. You basically indirectly said you like him. Jackie mentally groaned as she waved a hand and bolted off the playground with Oskar left swinging.

   Oskar thought about how peculiar she was, then he smiled.

    I think it's time to go home now.

     Extra :

  "We're going to undergo counselling," was what his mother stated.

       Oskar thought he would come home with suitcases thrown out the door and loud thrilling screams would rang the entire neighborhood, but he was surprised to find his parents calmly announcing to him the news.

  Then he broke into tears and fell on his knees, crying in relief that maybe...maybe his family would somehow work it out.

February 22,2021

Another shit chapter. Sorry, I got lazy. That's my excuse right there.