Epilogue (Part 1)

I've been thinking about it..and you guys deserve an ending too. This story deserves a closure. Thank you for being a part of this journey. The Epilogue will be divided into parts which will conclude the story of Janna and Tom, Star and Marco and Jackie and Oskar.

    When you love someone, you should fully know that it's not all glimmer  and joyful memories.

     There will always be misunderstandings and conflict. Even if they say communication is key, it's hard to express one's feelings sometimes.

   Janna and Tom's love story is not as flawless as one thinks. There were times where they considered separating. That maybe it was best if they distance themselves, that way they'll grow into individuals.

   But the heart will never lie. It will always long for where they truly want to belong.

   Timeframe : Tom leaves without saying goodbye (4 years ago)

      "He's coming home."

   That sentence made Janna froze. She could only stare at her clenched fists, a whirl of emotions overwhelming her. It's been two years since Tom left without saying goodbye. No news, text or calls from him. It's as if he left without a trace.

   Like she didn't matter at all. She was too afraid to ask; that if the answer she sought would only hurt her. They were supposed to be okay.. Yet he left without telling her.

    The first year, Janna was in agony. She wasn't supposed to cry, but she did. She felt like a hypocrite when she shamed people who cries about a guy, until she did so herself. It was painful and sometimes it was too unbearable to breathe.

  The second year, Janna became more  angst towards guys. She would swear that she'd never love again. That one heart ache was enough to last her an entire lifetime.

   Janna didn't know what to do now. Should she punch him, scream at him, or pretend to be civilized. She was still angry at him, at herself for what she might've lacked. Maybe he came home for closure.

  Maybe he came back to apologize, to make things right once more. But even if that might not be the case, Janna deserved a reason why. A way for her to close a chapter that's been kept open for too long.

   A week later, Tom arrived home. Janna could see from her windows the loud chattering of people from below her with some suitcase and boxes moved inside the house. She hid under her covers, wanting to block out the noise, especially when she heard his voice after so while. She hated how her heart defied her.

   For the first few days, Janna tried her best to sneak away without being in the same frame as him. Dinner with the Lucitors? She had diarrhea or so she lied. Her parents would understand. Forcing her against her will would only deepen the scars inside her.

   "You know, you're going to have to face him sooner or later," Star murmured, munching on her chips.

  "Janna, just a tip," Marco added. "--if you ever face him, just pretend to be happy or you could cosplay as an emo for the rest of your life. That works on movies."

   "Hey! Star! That tickles," Marco complained whilst giggling as Star pinched his side, darting him a dirty look.

   "I know that," Janna grumbled. "--I'm not stupid. Just..not now. I'm too overwhelmed."

  "Well, I agree with you taking time to sink in all these events," Star symphatized, placing a hand on Janna's shoulder. "--but you should  also remember that there's a limit to everything. Time won't wait for anyone."