Chapter Eight - Our Own World

Sorry for the sluggish chapter. I don't feel like writing.

Today is the aquaintance party.

As much as I'd prefer snuggling myself on my comforter while munching on the chips I have, I couldn't. I bought a dress, and it wasn't cheap yet my mother insisted.

She also threatened that she'd cut off my allowance and I couldn't allow that to happen. The cult store has new items and I couldn't shop if I had no money to spare.

I should consider getting a job. Retail jobs are a no since my face intimidates them and I'm horrible at interacting with people. Maybe I should work part-time at the library; I don't need to interact with them unless they'd need something.

Yeah, I should get a job.

"Stop staring or I'll stab your eyes with my fork and squish it," I narrowed my eyes at him, seeing as he seemed unfazed by my threat.

He chuckles, his dimples showing as he looked at me. "You're really brutal, you know?"

"You're a masochist, you know?" I try to mimic him, making my voice as baritone as I could.

"I don't sound like that," he pout, denying and I roll my eyes, helping myself to my rice and sunny side up eggs.

I had totally given up of trying to push him away. No matter how many insults or shoves I'd do, he'd never budge and he pisses me so much when he smiles through all of it, like he's secretly enjoying my misery.

This was maybe a test of some sort, if I could handle this annoying guy 'cause it's not funny. I finished my meal and close my lunch box, placing it beside me as I lay down on the mat.

I stare up ahead, watching the trees swayed along with the wind, the skies and clouds up above with the sun gleaming in its glory. Sometimes, it's just nice to stare and do something without thinking or saying anything.

"Are you excited for the party later?" Tom speaks after a minute of silence.

I glanced at him for a split second, then looked back to the skies as I rest my hands on the back of my head. "You know the answer to that."

"Is the sky really that pretty?" he inquires.

"Are you really that lonely?" I snap at him. "---I'm not in the mood to talk to you--not like I was ever from the start."

"What if I'm really lonely?" he responds and that takes me aback. I take a deep breath before bursting into a sneer. "You? Lonely? You dont understand what true loneliness means."

"Hey! Get up!" I scowl and try to push him off the mat when he started to lay down beside me, grinning as my small hands don't succeed in pushing him off.

I let out a groan, glaring at him before staring towards the skies again, hoping my attention is diverted from the guy beside me. "I kinda understand why this feels nice."

I clicked my tongue, not bothering to face him. "Just shut up; you're ruining my relaxation."

"How about we play a game?" he suggest and I flatly decline it with a frown.

"It's going to be fun," he persists, trying to sound cheerful. I glanced at him, seeing that his body is facing at me. "Don't involve me with your stupid games."