Chapter Twenty-Five : Good Bye Hugs

New changes : Marco is twelve now, not nine. Sorry for the changes! Star is fourteen and Janna and Tom are fifteen

      "You're here, again?" Marco grunted, looking at me in distaste as he gripped on the frame of the door.

     I raised a brow, matching his attitude. "Excuse me? For all you know, it's my job to babysit you, you schmuck!"

     "Whatever, just head in," he rolled his eyes and left the door gaping wide for me to enter.

    As usual, his parents were out again for another date that would last until late evening and I was bound to stay with this raging kid. His television was on and it was playing another one of his beloved animes.

      I hopped in beside him, earning me a snicker. "I swear you're acting like you're  on your period right now," I grumbled, eyeing in distaste.

    "I'm not on my period," he snickered. "--you see I don't have a growing vagi---"

    "Don't finish that," I glared.

   "Sorry, okay?" he sighed, and he didn't even sound sorry at all. "--I'm just frustrated that I got a B+ on Physics."

     I raised a brow. "Huh. I see."

   Smart kid problems. It's not like I'm a genius to understand his struggles..whatever. "But I know one thing to make me better," he piped up.

    I don't reply, implying that he clarifies. He cheekily grinned, his other tooth missing. "That...girl at the park. Star, uhm, you invite her."

    I snigger, narrowing my eyes at him as he glares at me. "Hmmm..you like Star, huh?"

     He turns flushed red. I snort, pointing at his red cheeks. "You're such a wimp."

     "Well you're a weirdo!" he lamely retorts, the blush on his cheeks still present. "--she's cute alright? And she's cool."

     "Pfft," I replied, holding back at laugh. "---you know she'll end up in prison if you pursue her."

    "Shut up, Janna!" he screeched, looking at me in embarrassment. "--I just have a teensy weensy crush on her. I'm not doing anything illegal!"

     "Fine," I huffed, seeing that childish look on his face. I fished for my phone on my shorts and dialled her number.

   It took a few seconds before the caller picked up. "Hey, Janna. What's up?" she beamed.

    "Yeah," I raised a hand up on mid-air and then glanced at the kid staring at me intently. "----you have time to hang out right now?"

    She stiffled a gasp. I rolled my eyes. "Are you Janna right now? This is so not her! If you're out there, scream for help!"

     "It's me," I grumbled. "--there's this kid who likes y---"

      "Gosh darn it!" I yelp in pain when Marco pinched my lap. I glared at him and hissed.

      "What's the matter?" she asked from the other line in concern.

     "Just a stupid pest," I mumbled. "--anyway, want to come by? Marco's here and he needs some 'cheering' up."

     "Sounds cool!" Star exclaimed and I could imagine that stupid smile on her lips. "--where's the place?"

     "Would you be alright if we hang at Marco's house?" I inquired, staring at the ceilings. "--I'm kind of on babysitting duty--even though this brat obviously doesn't need that."