Chapter Seventy-One : Betrayal

Omg! I didn't know I had reached 1k votes! This is the first time I got one. Thank you so much!🌸

    I'm back now and I'll be focusing on this book onward.

        Chapter Seventy-One : Betrayal

   Recap : (Janna confesses that she loves Tom. The two go on and Tom starts to wonder if Janna's father would like him. Janna replies that his flaws makes him who he is.)

    Character : Hannah

        I was fat.

     People made fun of me and pointed their fingers, calling me names such as : fatty, pig, barrel, obese girl.

     I was already insecure with how I looked and sometimes I'd cry, thinking why I ended up this way.

     As a child, my parents spoiled me hard. Whatever I wanted, they gave it to me in a flash and spoiled me with sweets, pastries and expensive food that contributed to my insecurities.

      I was a soft-spoken kid and didn't know how to voice out how I felt or fend for myself. What could I do? They were right. I am fat.

       So I tried to stay out of the limelight and hide my insecurities by wearing clothes twice as big, covering my face with my hair and sometimes forcing myself not to eat for days.

     I envied the kids playing by the playground as they were accepted and well liked. I wanted to play with them to, but I didn't want others to see my stomach bouncing off or see the flaws that I had.

   And so I watched by the corner, imagining that I was there and laughing along to whatever they said.

    "You look like you want to play with them."

    I turned my head to find Janna standing in front of me, shoving her hands under the pockets of her jacket.

      Janna Ordonia was often called a tomboy because she had a bob cut hair, unfeminine face and wore boyish clothes as opposed to frilly skirts and dresses.

     I watched at her in envy. She's lucky she's not fat like me. She's fortunate to have the chance to wear cute girlish clothes while I wore ugly ones that only fitted me.

    I despised how she's wasting the opportunity to wear feminine, gorgeous clothes that would surely fit in her body. Why is she wearing shorts and hoodies anyway? If only she knew how I'd die to have a body like her.

     "......"

    "Want to play with me instead?"

    She extended her hand, flashing me a boyish grin with her hair swerving along the cold breeze.

     Nobody has ever asked me before. In the split moment, I felt touched.

  We were both outcasts that didn't fit in with the kids' criteria and standards. The leftovers that no one wanted to acknowledge.

     I took her hand because I knew that if I didn't, I'd be alone again. It wasn't because I liked her, but because I had no choice.

     And so we became 'friends'.

    It was blatant obvious that we didn't have anything in common. She liked reading dark, supernatural stuff while I liked Barbies, Tiaras and anything that screamed cute.

    She also liked to gather spiders and bugs for fun. I was grossed out and would scream if she teasingly neared her collections to me.

    It was mostly silence that ensued when we were together, but somewhat it felt comforting. Not needing to force oneself to say something or to feel the awkwardness creeping in.