Chapter Thirty-Eight : Awkward

Jantom :Complete Opposites
(Book II)
(c)August 31,2020 Thegirlwithevilface

            This is the worst possible scenario.

I was just planning to talk to him and suddenly it ended up being a heated conversation with feelings being pierced open.

This is a dream. I'm certain of it. I'll just wake up with the stupid idiot waving his hands on the front porch and we'll resume our usual high school life routine.

This is just a dream. A very realistic dream.

Oh who the hell  was I kidding? It was real alright.

The sensation on my lips still tingle and the rapid beating of my heart was the reminder that it wasn't a dream at all.

That everything he had said was the  truth and that we......kissed.

I place a hand on my chest as any means to tone it down, but  no matter how I try to, it keeps drumming so loud it defeaned and overwhelmed me.

This is bad. So bad.

I'm not only clueless, but helpless. Just when did my life decided to become involved in some romance sense?

I was the boyish, weird girl throughout my life. It was supposed to end that way. Being alone, being unloved, being kept in the corners.

And now I don't know what to do. How to respond to those feelings of his. How I really feel or how I'll see him after everything he said.

It's complicated, they say.

It truly is.

. ...

Things somehow turned for the worse.

I just wanted to spend the weekends all by myself, lurking on my dark room and healing myself with the remedy of horror movies and books. But no, Star and Marco decided to barge in and picked just the right day to come and bicker me.

"I'm sick," I lied through my teeth, managing a somewhat convincing cough.

I hope they were dumb enough to fall for it. I hope.

They weren't.

"Janna, stop lying!" Star replied, pursing her lips as she eyed me. "---I get that you're anti-social, but at least spend some time with us."

"And why is he here?" I pointed to the midget standing beside Star.

I mean he wouldn't be called a midget given a few months time. He was a growing boy and most of the time, boys with outgrow girls. At the moment, he was levelled on Star's neck.

He looked at me with a frown and huffed, crossing his arms in defiance. "Shut up, Janna. Stop changing the subject."

I was caught of guard because I didn't notice Star's hands interlocked around my arms and put it on a deadly lock. She grins at me. "Come on, let's go to my cousin's house. There's barbeque and such there."