Chapter 642

Matt's POV: As we got back to the apartment that morning, I parked the car and smiled at Gabby who was still worried out of her mind because of the pandemic. Grabbing her hand to try and calm her down, I gave her my signature smile. "Gabby, just relax okay? We're in this together." Gabby nodded before getting out of the car with the food. "Can you get our bags? I have him." I nodded and then went to open my side of the car to grab our bags, including Matteo's overnight bag and the milk cooler.

Watching Gabby pick Matteo's car seat up, I smiled at her before closing my side of the car. Once we had everything, I went to meet her at the front of the car and smiled at her. "Hey, just remember that no matter what...we're in this together." Gabby nodded as we walked up to the apartment. "You have keys or me?" I looked at her and nodded. "They're on my car keys. I got it." She nodded before letting me unlock the door.

I then let her in first before walking in behind her. I then went and set our stuff down near the back of the couch, waiting as Gabby put Matteo down on the ground. She then bent down and grabbed him, smiling. "Hi little guy, you, me and daddy are going to be spending a lot of time together for a while." Matteo just cuddled up to her, obviously a little tired. "He must not have slept that well last night."

Gabby agreed. "Natalie texted me a couple times last night to try and get me to calm him down with my voice. It didn't work much." I chuckled. "So that's why I kept feeling you move in and out of bed. Listen, maybe you should put him down for a nap? I will clean the bottles for you and then we can eat breakfast before it gets cold." Gabby nodded and agreed, kissing Matteo's forehead softly as she carried him to our room.

Once she was in the bedroom, I sighed as I went to grab the cooler to wash the bottles while also trying to hide the fact that I am just as scared as she is.