Chapter 744

Matt's POV: As I walked into Antonio's living room, I saw my mother-in-law sitting on a couch reaching a book. "Hi Camila. Didn't know whether you wanted to hold him or if you wanted me to?" Camila then looked up at me and smiled. "Of course I would like to hold him. Pass him here, that's what grandmothers are for." She smiled and nodded while taking him into her arms. "God, look at him. He's so precious. I should've said this at your place." I chuckled and nodded before sitting opposite of her on the other side of the sectional. "So, I should've asked this last night when you first got here but...how've you been after all these years? I haven't seen you since that night which was supposed to be a great night of celebration."

Camila then looked up at me. "I'm calling it my divorce party." I sighed when she said that. "Okay. I just hope you aren't mad that we put Gabby's health at risk by having Matteo." Camila nodded and smiled. "Trust me, if I got pregnant and had an aneurysm, I would've done the same thing. I love my kids and I would've done anything to have them. Anyways, the women in our family are really strong. We can take the punches where they come from and overcome all odds to get what we want. I mean, we are sitting here with your son aren't we?"

I laughed a bit and nodded. "That we are. I am just glad you are not mad that me and Gabby are back together with Matteo. I at least need one in-law who actually is glad me and Gabby are back together." Camila then looked at me. "I heard what he did to you. No man should ever get a threat like that. He is a complete jerk for having done that. I am just glad that it hasn't strained your marriage. Seems like the two of you are thriving in my opinion. I mean, sure I haven't spent much time with you guys but...so far, you look like you're thriving." I smiled when she said that and was about to answer when Gabby spoke up.

"We are thriving. I don't think we've ever been in a better place in our entire relationship than we are right now mom. Matt makes me really happy and I'm sorry you weren't there at our most recent wedding but, we were scared. I was scared dad would hurt him or try and crash the wedding if we didn't invite him. So, we just did it in the hospital chapel. Anyways, I really just wanted me and Matt to be there. I get you guys are family but....it was symbolic for us. The first time we got married was in a courthouse with our then foster son. Then, it was with Matteo. It was like it was meant to be in my opinion."

I smiled when Gabby said that before getting up and moving to wrap my arms around her. He then kissed my forehead softly before looking down into my eyes. "I feel the same way. Now listen, you want me to take over in the kitchen or do you got it?" She then looked up at me and smiled. "Oh, I'm done in the kitchen. I am just going to go grab a drink then I'm going to join you on the couch. We can cuddle I think. Even if someone says we can't we will. I like sitting in your arms with a blanket on top of me. That reminds me.,.." I moved to turn around. "...where are your blankets? I want to have one on top of me and Matt."

Gabby's POV: Sylvie then came and walked over to us, smiling. "You guys are so adorable together." Walking into the living room to grab a blanket from the cupboard, she then passed it to me. Grabbing it from her, I turned to the couch to see Matt was gone. "Where did you go Matt?" Matt then yelled from the living room. "I'm in the kitchen grabbing us some water. I'll be right there." I nodded before walking over to the couch while Matt filled up our water bottles that he must've grabbed from the baby bag. Looking at Matteo, I smiled as I went to rub his cheek. "Hey handsome."

My mom smiled while looking up at me. "Motherhood looks good on you darling." I smiled when she said that when Matt came in. "It definitely does." Moving to put our waters down on the side table, I turned to look at Matt when I saw him sit down on the couch. I then went and walked over to him, moving to sit down in his lap. Covering us with a blanket, I smiled when I felt Matt's arms around me. I then moved to grab his hand and smiled while rubbing it. That's when my mom looked at our wedding bands. "Why do I recognize those rings?"

Matt then looked at her and smiled. "They are the same ones we used when we first got married. We decided to use them again the second time around." He then put his hand up and showed off his wedding band to my mom. "This time though, I don't plan on ever taking it off. Having it back on made me realize just how wrong it felt having it off of my finger and in a box located in the top drawer of my side table." I smiled when he said that and then just laid back against his chest.

Matt then wrapped his arm around my waist before grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. "So Camila, I Know we are probably asking pretty far ahead but...have you made any plans for Christmas this year?" I looked at my mom and was glad Matt asked because we needed to tell people we were going to be spending it at home anyways. "I was hoping to get together but, it depends on whether any of us get sick during this get together."

Matt then nodded. "Well, I was actually hoping to spend Christmas day alone with Gabby at our place." That's when we heard my brother walk in, having obviously overheard the conversation. "What? Matt, you know the tradition. We always come here and open gifts as a family." Matt then sighed and looked at Antonio. "Antonio, that may have to change. You see, it's this little guy's first Christmas...." He then moved to rub Matteo's head in my mom's arms. "...and I would like it to be at our home. I promise, we'll do the same for your baby next year."

That's when my mom turned her head and looked at Antonio. "When is Sylvie due anyways Antonio?"