Chapter 691

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that this was the first time she's been back here since the altercation, I knew exactly which one she was talking about. She's talking about the altercation she had with her father that caused her to have to go back to the hospital and led to her father being arrested and sentenced to time in jail for what he's done to us.

Just sitting there in quiet for a moment, I decided to let Gabby make the first move when it came to the conversation. But, after a while...I decided to do it since it was getting a bit awkward. "You want to start heading home then or do you still need another minute before we leave?" Gabby turned to look at me. She then sighed and looked at me. "I think you should drive Matt."

I understood why she would say that. Her head wasn't in the right space to drive...I just wasn't going to say anything. Moving to get out of the car, I went to the front so that I could meet her. Joining me at the front of our car, she moved her arms around me before hugging me tight. Kissing the top of her head as we stood there for a moment, I rubbed her arms.

"Gabby, it's okay now. We are safe, we are together and he's in jail." Gabby moved to look up at me. "When we get home can we put him down for a nap and just sit in bed together? I need you to hold me in your arms I think." I nodded. "Anything to make you feel better." Wrapping my arms around her again, I smiled while leaning down to kiss her softly.

She smiled as I gave her a quick kiss before letting me go. "Let's get home, put the groceries away and have some brunch. I said I would make you breakfast and I will. But, it'll be more like brunch by the time we get there." I nodded and went to get in the driver's seat. I then watched as she got in before buckling up. "I have to take a shower still. Can you put the groceries away too?"

Gabby nodded and smiled. "As long as you help me bring them in." I nodded and smiled while grabbing the steering wheel and then backing us out of the parking spot. Pulling away from the parking spot, I smiled as I drove away from the store so that I could take Gabby home where we would relax for the rest of the day and have fun. Enough tears for a little while.