Chapter 763

Back with Matt & Gabby - Matt's POV: Why does it seem that everybody is having a girl? Not that I am complaining that we have Matteo and that Gabby is alive but, every dad wants a girl. As we sat here in bed, I could tell Gabby knew I was having a hard time learning that Jay and Erin were having a girl because she knew it was every dad's dream. She then apologized. "Sorry I can't give you what every dad wants." I turned my head and looked at her. "What?"

Looking up at me as she laid her head down on my chest, she sighed. "Matt, I saw your face when you heard it was a girl. Be honest with me, we both know you want a daughter." I sighed and nodded. "Of course I would love to have a daughter. However, I would rather have you. Gabby we both know that if I had to choose between you and another baby, I would choose you every time. However, that doesn't mean we aren't going to try and adopt a girl."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "You know, I am starting to come around to the idea of adopting again. I know at first I was hesitant when you first brought it up but....we have so much love to give to kids and there is just not enough foster parents. Maybe we should start an application again? I mean, there is probably going to be an abundance of kids who are going to need foster homes when this pandemic is over for many reasons."

I nodded and agreed before smiling. "Listen, can we at least wait until he's at least 6 months? That way, we can give him our undivided attention until then. Then, we can start the process because then it will be about 3 months before we even get accepted." Gabby nodded and agreed. "However, I have one more condition." Gabby was confused. "What's that?" I sighed and looked at her. "We adopt a newborn who's parents have given them up. I'm sorry but, I am not going to take a chance that a parent can come back to try and take them."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "We will make our intentions clear that we only want a newborn baby girl without any other people to claim her. Either that or, we can start the process with a young girl who is dedicated to give up her daughter because she's too young." I nodded and smiled before going to kiss her softly. "Hopefully we can name her. I think I already know what name you might want to use." Gabby then looked at me. "Oh, really...what is it then?"

I smiled at her before kissing her softly. I then told her the name. "Leslie Casey."