Chapter 662

Matt's POV: When Violet asked me whether I was going to die, I got scared. And I knew if I was scared, Gabby was probably even more scared. Grabbing both of their hands, I wanted to end this train of thought right away. "No! I am not going to die. I am done fighting fires because I want to live. Gabby, I promise...I'm not going anywhere. I promise the same to you Violet."

Violet nodded when she saw I got scared. "Sorry I asked." I sighed. "It's okay Violet, just not something you bring up in a fireman's house okay? Death is not something we like to think about. Especially when we've lost people very close to us. Me and Gabby both lost our best friends in fires. You remember my friend Andy Darden? You used to play with his sons?"

Violet nodded as she remembered him. "He died in the worst fire Chicago has ever seen. I was on the fire with him. It was scary. However, I survived. Now in the past, I've been in some situations. And luckily for me, I've survived. But, not unscarred. That's why I have problems with my lungs. However, I can tell you right now...I'm okay." Violet nodded and smiled.

Gabby then looked at me. I could tell she was a bit more worried. Rubbing her hand as I looked at her. "I'm okay." Gabby nodded and then went back to eating. "Violet after dinner, we normally have alone time in our bedroom if that's okay? Do you think you can maybe relax in your room?" Violet understood we needed time. "Of course, can I just get the WiFi?" I nodded and smiled.

"How about you finish eating and then I'll give you the WiFi when you're ready for bed?" Violet nodded and agreed when she went to eat her supper that night. I then smiled at Gabby, reassuring her that everything will be okay. I just wished I could join her in the shower to show her that. Me reassuring her that in bed will have to be enough.